Old Music Thread

eFestivals

I love hearing this song from time to time (as in years in between). I also hadn't known about the psychedelic affects that they used on the footage, until now. That said, the Iron Cross is out of place, although I suspect / hope that it really was just a fashion accessory - which reminds me of a tale Bill Bryson wrote about one of his friends who was in a queue at that jewelry franchise in Argos. He said that his mate was standing behind a young lady who when she got to the counter asked to see their silver crosses selection. She was then shown a selection of their crosses, to which she declared ' Have you got any without the funny little man on'?  LMFAO

Neil Diamond has just announced his retirement from touring after having been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. So thought it might be nice to post one of his songs. This one is a particular favourite of mine. It brings back happy memories of singing along with it at parties with my mates. This used to come on every now and again when it was about day two or three of the party!

On 24/01/2018 at 4:49 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Neil Diamond has just announced his retirement from touring after having been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. So thought it might be nice to post one of his songs. This one is a particular favourite of mine. It brings back happy memories of singing along with it at parties with my mates. This used to come on every now and again when it was about day two or three of the party!

This always reminds me of Holidays on the Spanish Costas in the 80s/90s. Full of English holiday makers, OAP ex pats and smug criminals living the high life. All wishing they were back in an English boozer but with the sunshine and no risk of getting sent to prison

23 minutes ago, bamber said:

1999 seems like an awfully long time ago already.

This is a true, unequivocal masterpiece..........

Is 1999 old? :wacko: Some of my favourite songs are from around then! Here is a 1999 classic from the opposite end of the spectrum to Bjork...

To make myself feel better, here's a belter from 1989...

On 27/01/2018 at 6:04 AM, vintagelaureate said:

Is 1999 old? :wacko: Some of my favourite songs are from around then! Here is a 1999 classic from the opposite end of the spectrum to Bjork...

To make myself feel better, here's a belter from 1989...

Love them both TBH...