Old Music Thread

eFestivals

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know I hate to ask, but are friends electric?

Dedicated to Shaun, a 240 volt electric friend, whose company I am missing. Must make this situation less so. And I have just thought of a way of sorting it.

Peace to all.

Oh, and sorry for putting that one back on AGAIN!

Couldn' think where I had heard this before, was sure I had not heard the original as only 4 when released and certainly not the type of music parents listened to. Anyway it appears it was used for sugababes "freak like me". Conundrum solved.

19 hours ago, slash's hat said:

Couldn' think where I had heard this before, was sure I had not heard the original as only 4 when released and certainly not the type of music parents listened to. Anyway it appears it was used for sugababes "freak like me". Conundrum solved.

Hello slash's hat,

The Sugarbabes thing is coming at me in an ever so hesitant way. I'm fairly sure that I've heard it, but cannot guarantee anything. And why would you guarantee anything? Nobody else does, which is why the world has such a vast insurance market, I suspect. Anyway, at some point in the near future I will look up the Sugarbabes thing. Oh bollocks to it, I'm off to do it now. 

I'm not sure that I have heard it from the Sugababes now, and definitely haven't seen the associated video before. I'd like to listen to that song again and watch the video, when I'm 'feeling a little bit better' ie when I have full access to and control of my brain. This cannot be said to be the case,  at the moment.

1 minute ago, tjamest said:

Nice - Did you  catch them at Bearded Theory the other year?they were superb on the Woodland stage.

Now here are the Ruts

I did. Best festival performance of that year for me. Ruts DC were excellent on The Pallet a few yeats back so looking forward to seeing them again.

On 03/11/2017 at 8:31 AM, slash's hat said:

The frightening thing is that my ma in law once sang to her grandchildren 'Don't you wish your Grandma was hot like me?'

On 03/11/2017 at 2:09 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know I hate to ask, but are friends electric?

Dedicated to Shaun, a 240 volt electric friend, whose company I am missing. Must make this situation less so. And I have just thought of a way of sorting it.

Peace to all.

Oh, and sorry for putting that one back on AGAIN!

Loving it...saw him recently at the Manchester Academy, his new music is just as good as the older stuff, here's a snippet of the latest, Ruin, I took at the gig:

Edited by Avalon_Fields

8 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Bugger, just seen that i missed them in Southampton a couple of days ago. Last time was nearly 40 years ago at Knebworth in '78

they're probably still doing the same show. :P

He did about 5 costume changes during the set, with the get-up for White Punks much the same as in that vid. Very probably the same glasses, and I reckon it might be the same wig but with 40 years of extra wear. :lol:

55 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they're probably still doing the same show. :P

He did about 5 costume changes during the set, with the get-up for White Punks much the same as in that vid. Very probably the same glasses, and I reckon it might be the same wig but with 40 years of extra wear. :lol:

I'm amazed they are still going!! Not heard of them for ages.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they're probably still doing the same show.

You're right they probably are.

Although my memory is very hazy i do remember that they played a couple of Who songs as Keith Moon had died that weekend. It was also the only festival i've been to without a liquor licence, but i have a feeling that was something to do with violence that year at Reading from Sham 69's skinhead following