Old Music Thread

eFestivals

On 23/08/2017 at 9:44 PM, guypjfreak said:

Any one like barclay james harvest.. Caught abit of them Glastonbury a few years back.. Abit of medicine man goes down well imo 

Saw them live at Weeley in 1971, with a full orchestra. It took about 3 hours to get it all set up, a bit of a drag when there was only 1 stage. In the end one of the most memorable sets I ever saw.

Went along to acoustic to see them in 2016, left after about 15 minutes disappointed that it didn't love up to my memories.

ARR

Edited by alanr

On 23/08/2017 at 9:44 PM, guypjfreak said:

Any one like barclay james harvest.. Caught abit of them Glastonbury a few years back.. Abit of medicine man goes down well imo 

I do some work up in RSPB Dove Stones, close to where the band originate, there's a bench dedicated to Woolly from his family, every time I pass I sing this one to myself

P9280202.JPG

On 29/08/2017 at 3:00 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

I do some work up in RSPB Dove Stones, close to where the band originate, there's a bench dedicated to Woolly from his family, every time I pass I sing this one to myself

P9280202.JPG

Tune 

I'm finding that there are so many of these early, grainy, scratchy, seventies Soul Train Clips out there now! Could watch them all night myself. Your Equalizer is your friend.

Curtis Mayfield, with a timeless lyric, and Sly & the Family Stone being, well,  Funky.....

Edited by bamber

Agree with earlier posts about Barclay James Harvest.  From a similar period it's worth hunting out Roxy Music, especially their live concert in Frejus.

Great arrangements and wonderful backing singers, especially Tawitha Agee.

Also as a live band Dire Straits still led the way.

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2017 at 7:54 PM, grumpyhack said:

From a similar period it's worth hunting out Roxy Music, especially their live concert in Frejus.

Great arrangements and wonderful backing singers, especially Tawitha Agee.

I was at that gig Grumpy. Just happened to be on holiday in Frejus that week. As far as i remember it was great, although my main memory was the hour or two we had to wait afterwards as our car had been triple parked.