Old Music Thread

eFestivals

1 hour ago, tjamest said:

It was similar with Slade wasn't it? And live both bands were alot heavier/rockier than you would imagine from their A sides..

It was. Slade remain one of the loudest bands I've ever seen, I was deaf for a week after.

44 minutes ago, bellboy said:

Love The Pirates.  Saw them many times including Dingwalls in 1977 (where this clip was taken).  Don't remember any filming so it may have been another night.

Yeah they were great. I saw them many times as well during that period and you are right that is definitely Dingwalls and not the Hope and Anchor as they seem to suggest at the beginning of the clip.

Loving that era Dr. Feelgood as well, in fact i don't think i ever saw them  again after Wilko left and certainly not since Lee passed.

In the late sixties I used to frequent The Troubadour Folk Club in Clifton, Bristol where one of the residents was Al Stewart.  I've seen him do this solo and with a big band. But however it's performed it has to be one of the classics.  I prefer the big band arrangement for the piano intro and the sax solo.

Edited by grumpyhack

41 minutes ago, bamber said:

One thing I've always banged home to anyone who will listen is that the one and only indicator of guaranteed quality is the words

©1975 Jamaica

Jamaica-Bunting.jpgThat is all.

Agreed and let me also add one of my most favourite songs of all time: (although it predates 1975 by a bit.)

Edited by JacquelineS
  • Like 1