Learnings from Green Man

Born in the fifties

1.  W.H. Lung were sensationally good.  I can't recommend them highly enough.
  2. If the Clashfinder is correct and WH. Lung clashes with Car Seat Headrest (and BoH), then a lot of people are going to miss an amazing set, and going to have to make a very difficult choice.
  3. Probably best not to introduce Aldous Harding as Aldous Huxley.
  4. If there is a more bone-headed line-up decision ever than putting on Aldous Harding in the Big Top, I can't think of it.  Clearly should be Garden Stage.

5 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:
  1.  W.H. Lung were sensationally good.  I can't recommend them highly enough.
  2. If the Clashfinder is correct and WH. Lung clashes with Car Seat Headrest (and BoH), then a lot of people are going to miss an amazing set, and going to have to make a very difficult choice.
  3. Probably best not to introduce Aldous Harding as Aldous Huxley.
  4. If there is a more bone-headed line-up decision ever than putting on Aldous Harding in the Big Top, I can't think of it.  Clearly should be Garden Stage.

Agree about Aldous, the Tipi or Garden Stage surely. How was she at Green Man anyway? Saw her UK debut in front of about 20 people at Gulliver's and she was absolutely charming...seems to have undergone a considerable transformation since then though.. hoping I still enjoy it.

Speaking of scheduling I'm not totally convinced by putting Bill Ryder Jones on the woods stage either. 

Absolutely buzzing now though, best 4 days of the year

3 hours ago, juliadevitt said:

I really want to check out W. H Lung.  I can only find the two (seriously good tracks) on Spotify. Was the set more of the same? I will be gutted if they clash with Car Seat Headrest.

Set was more of the same; not many numbers but, as per the 2 Spotify tracks, longish ones. Rough Trade should have the single with those 2 tracks (got mine at GM - have to keep waiting for my wife to go out before I can play them with the dial suitably turned up). 

Also I confirmed with Rough Trade that will have some CSH vinyl.

Edited by Born in the fifties