Few Questions please

waynewdk

Hi there I was wondering if anyone can answer me a few questions please, this is the first time to Leeds fest, normally do Glastonbury 

1: How good is access to drop of points should we get a taxi over, we live in Bradford you see, anyone done this? Price? Queues?

2. We are on a day ticket for Saturday we are thinking of arriving 11-12 dinner timish. Will we be queuing long, otherwise we will set off earlier

3. We don't have camping and we know you can't take alcohol into the arena, but will we able to have a few in the queue and even maybe take a couple in to drink before we get to the arena

4. After all the bands are finished, is there after party DJs are these inside the arena, also is there any outside the arena will we be able to gain access on a day ticket

5.  If we was to get the shuttle bus, it states the last one runs at 1:40am, can we just turn up like 5 mins before, or do we need to be queuing up like 2 hours before 

6. Are there taxis waiting

7. Is it easy to get to the bars, and is it something like £5 a pint?

8. Finally, do they announce the times of when sets start and finish, do you get a schedule on entry, or timetable

thanks for your help in advance

Edited by waynewdk

I'll answer as many of your questions that I can..

1. As you are only on a day ticket you'll be coming in from a difference entrance to what weekend ticket holders will come in. The drop off points I would believe wouldn't be that far from the day ticket entrance.

2. I would set of much earlier, you will face quite alot of queues at that time.

3. Yes, you can drink while queueing but as soon as you go to enter the arena you'll been searched although, it's nothing compared to Glastonbury. I take in a cheeky squeezable bottle of vodka in with me, never been caught!

4. After the headliners are finished, you do have the Alt stage, Piccadilly Circus* and Relentless*. *- These are meant for camping ticket holders but you're still able to walk down as there are no checks.

5. I can't comment on the shuttle buses as i've always drove, i'd presume that there would be hefty queues.

6. Again, not sure. Always drove. I would presume their would be?

7. There are quite a few bars around the arena, all have zig-zag style queueing but with around 30 bar staff per unit, you'll get served pretty fast. £5 for a pint? I believe its around £6/7+

8. Download the Leeds festival App! They will have the set times, or get harassed by one of the many stewards walking around the arena trying to sell you lanyards for £10 with all the set times on!

------------------------------

Personally, if I was you. You only have a day ticket - enjoy the festival as much as you can, hell, even make some friends and crash in someones tent! Why go home at 1am when you can leave the next day :) Eitherway, have a great time! I'll be there too!

On 20/08/2017 at 3:27 PM, waynewdk said:

Hi there I was wondering if anyone can answer me a few questions please, this is the first time to Leeds fest, normally do Glastonbury 

1: How good is access to drop of points should we get a taxi over, we live in Bradford you see, anyone done this? Price? Queues?

2. We are on a day ticket for Saturday we are thinking of arriving 11-12 dinner timish. Will we be queuing long, otherwise we will set off earlier

3. We don't have camping and we know you can't take alcohol into the arena, but will we able to have a few in the queue and even maybe take a couple in to drink before we get to the arena

4. After all the bands are finished, is there after party DJs are these inside the arena, also is there any outside the arena will we be able to gain access on a day ticket

5.  If we was to get the shuttle bus, it states the last one runs at 1:40am, can we just turn up like 5 mins before, or do we need to be queuing up like 2 hours before 

6. Are there taxis waiting

7. Is it easy to get to the bars, and is it something like £5 a pint?

8. Finally, do they announce the times of when sets start and finish, do you get a schedule on entry, or timetable

thanks for your help in advance

1. Taxi's will rip you right off, Bramham Park is miles away from Central Leeds so my best bet would be go to the shuttle bus there then queue, 

2. I'm not sure, queues are often long though so best to arrive early just in case. 

3. If they see you drinking it or catch you with a can then they'll confiscate it at the gate or make you chug it. Although you can drink in the queue if you want. 

4. Inside the arena, I'm not quite sure, usually late DJ's are on the relentless stage, but I don't know where they are as I've never been remotely bothered. No "After Parties" that I know of. 

5. NO!. Dont and I'll repeat this DONT turn up 5 minutes before the LAST shuttle bus. I know you'll probably be hammered but so will everyone else, and usually the busses are an absolute cluster f*** and taxis dont bother queueing as I've seen people walk in front and offer a tenner to take them there and then. Queues for shuttle busses are often long, everyones hammered and the bus company usually doesn't have a clue what to do. 

6. Yes and No, theres not tonnes and people do queue for them but as I said before, it's all a bit of a mess as everyone just wants to get off site as quickly as possible. 

7. Yes, loads of bars, easily accessible, yes, last time I saw they were about £5 with your standard 10p give the cup back thing. LiveNation have licensed everything so its mainly Pepsi Max etc and Tuborg Cider. 

8. You can BUY (no free things unfortunately, all money making) a Lanyard with all the times on it and a Programme for £10. All times are on the app apparently but I haven't checked. 

1: Access to drop-off points is fine, especially if you're coming on Saturday. No idea on prices from Bradford.

2. I've been on a day ticket twice - once on a Friday, once on a Saturday. Arrived at around 11:30 both times and barely queued. I'm heading over for about 11 this year. I'm not sure how many day tickets they sell but it's not that many. Ticket sales seem down this year and even then not too many day-ticketers arrive at the time they're allowed in from. I'd say it might even be busier at 1 / 2pm.

3. As above, I wouldn't expect you'll have to queue much. You get ticket and security checked on the way in, then go to wristband exchange in the campsite, then get a full search and alcohol confiscated going into the arena. If you get there at 11 I can't see you'll have much scope to drink it before the first time you get checked and they may even take it then.

4. After all the bands are finished, is there after party DJs are these inside the arena > Yes, Alternative Stage.  also is there any outside the arena will we be able to gain access on a day ticket Yes, Relentless Stage, but while you will physically be able to access that you are technically not allowed into the Campsite so might get kicked out.

5.  Leave plenty of time. The buses are a nightmare.

6.  Apparently but never seen them.

7. Bar service is easy. Some bars get crowded but if you'd rather walk than queue you'll always find a reasonably quiet one.

8. Yes - they're out now. Download app, print clashfinder. Failing that, a tender when you're in.

It's £20 from Leeds Station in a taxi and you'll get dropped at Rachel's Gate which is a short walk to the arena. There's always taxis right outside Leeds Station and you never have to wait that long coming out (as far as I know). 

Beers are basically a fiver (or were last year). I was paying £5.50 at TRNSMT though so I'm expecting a price hike.