Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth0131

Backpack size into festival question

For bringing a backpack into the actual festival, how strict are they on sticking to the A4 size? I'm having some difficulty finding a backpack or small bag for my husband that is within the A4 size. I found one that was 12 x 17 inches, but I'm concerned that it would be too big and they won't allow. 

Thanks friends!

Thank you, but I'm in the US so I can't get it in time for my flight to the U.K.  I may just look when I arrive there.  A4 is not a common US size. Appreciate it! Any idea how strict they are on sticking to that size?

5 hours ago, Elizabeth0131 said:

Thank you, but I'm in the US so I can't get it in time for my flight to the U.K.  I may just look when I arrive there.  A4 is not a common US size. Appreciate it! Any idea how strict they are on sticking to that size?

A user said in another thread that A4 was the restriction at some other festivals but people had slightly bigger ones and got in fine. I think they're just trying to discourage large rucksacks and the bag you've described doesn't sound to be one.

They're not going to be holding a piece of paper up to your bag, don't worry ;)

As dental plan said, they just want to stop people bringing massive bags into the arena.