Hi, I'm going to Lost Village festival next weekend for the first time - and I just wondered what sort of experiences people who have been before have had?

I know it has some great reviews, and looks brilliant - but just wondered whether anyone had experienced any problems, like things being stolen out of tents, or really extensive searches?

I'm going with my boyfriend - and the alcohol limit is pretty small - 1 bottle of wine or 8 cans of beer or cider. I don't want to take in loads of alcohol or anything, but I don't think 1 bottle of wine will do 2 of us for 4 nights, so just wondered if anyone know how serious the searches were in previous years? Don't want to risk getting kicked out, but also don't want to be paying £5 for a glass of wine or beer, after paying £200+ for the tickets etc.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm fairly new to festivals, and have only caravanned before, so a total newbie to camping at them!

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I went last year albeit only for the day.

I would imagine they will enforce the alcohol rules if they search your bag on the way in and you are found to have too much. But I would imagine like all festivals it will just be a cursory pat down and ask if you have any glass. You have a decent chance at getting more in if you bring it. They wouldnt kick you out if they found too much you would just have to surrender it.

You can bring 8 cans each so that's 16 between you. It is tight, I know. But if you can afford it the bars inside are very good particularly the craft beer and it looks like they have a gin bar and a rum bar this year plus others.

I would stay away from bringing wine as 8 cans is far more than 1 bottle of wine. it should be 2 bottles if they were being equivalent.

On the other hand there is a lot going on at the festival so you are probably not going to be wanting to go in and out of the arena all the time anyway once you go in.

I imagine on the entrance to the arena from the campsites they will be looking for people trying to bring booze in. you might get lucky you might not. the bar prices are fairly high it will be as you say around £4.50 - £5 per drink.

if you are bringing contraband if you are careful at hiding it I would imagine that would go undetected. As always its a risk reward thing.

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Hi, I went last year albeit only for the day.

I would imagine they will enforce the alcohol rules if they search your bag on the way in and you are found to have too much. But I would imagine like all festivals it will just be a cursory pat down and ask if you have any glass. You have a decent chance at getting more in if you bring it. They wouldnt kick you out if they found too much you would just have to surrender it.

You can bring 8 cans each so that's 16 between you. It is tight, I know. But if you can afford it the bars inside are very good particularly the craft beer and it looks like they have a gin bar and a rum bar this year plus others.

I would stay away from bringing wine as 8 cans is far more than 1 bottle of wine. it should be 2 bottles if they were being equivalent.

On the other hand there is a lot going on at the festival so you are probably not going to be wanting to go in and out of the arena all the time anyway once you go in.

I imagine on the entrance to the arena from the campsites they will be looking for people trying to bring booze in. you might get lucky you might not. the bar prices are fairly high it will be as you say around £4.50 - £5 per drink.

if you are bringing contraband if you are careful at hiding it I would imagine that would go undetected. As always its a risk reward thing.

Thanks for your reply! I'm a bit nervous to try sneaking alcohol into the festival, so might just accept the costs in the festival - I just draw the line at £7+ for a beer or glass of wine - but I hope it's not that deer.

I spotted on the website that there is a bar in the camping area which also acts as an off licence, so hopefully a bottle of wine/beer from there won't be crazy expensive. But will probably spend most of the time in the arena anyway.

Thanks again!

last year a can of red stripe was £4.50. not ideal but expect same or a small increase for this year. There was a craft beer bar which is back will be about £5 a pint but it will be a quality draft product not something you can pick up in a supermarket for £1 like red stripe.

hoping the campsite off licence will be sensibly priced, i mean obviously it will be more than your normal off licence but less than in the arena.

We're bringing our own breakfast & cooking stuff to compensate a little

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

anyone going down this year?

As it has sold out I am hoping they have not gone mental on the ticket sales and increased capacity too much resulting in it being rammed / ques everywhere.

The lineup is, again, fantastic and think there will be even more to see incl a few more proper live bands for variety and another good smattering of comedy names.

I recall queing quite significantly for entry on thursday afternoon last year. Did anyone go later on the thursday and find that better?

Also we ended up camped near some pretty annoying people. Any tips if there might be any quieter areas?

Finally they appear to have upped the personal booze allowance to 12 cans or equivalent, so thats something.

Edited by Memory Man

• 3 weeks later...