Sign in to follow this  
nikkic

Manchester Orchestra

I absolutely love A Black Mile To The Surface. Sublime stuff. It's been on repeat the last 2 weeks. 

Where do I go from here with them? Best album? Albums to avoid? Or just listen to the rest in order? 

Help me out good humans. Many thanks! 

Start early then work forward. Mean Everything to Nothing (album 2) is my favourite followed by Virgin Losing a Child (album 1)

Edited by Tommy101

First two are the best and the debut is my favourite. Have never got into anything else they've released though.

Once you've checked out their back catalogue, check out The Dear Hunter (note the spelling). Saw them support Manchester Orchestra 2 years ago and they've quickly become one of my favourite bands out there. 

I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child is my favourite of theirs (followed by the new'un). The three in between them are all great as well though and they've not yet really put a foot wrong, just varying degrees of great.

If you're interested, the singer also has a side project - Right Away, Great Captain. There's three concept albums about a sailor at sea. I think it's a trilogy though I've only really listened to the first two. The first one is fantastic. Worth checking out.

Edited by jyoung