Thursday Night

Dylan's Big Toe

So this year is the first time I'll get to spend Thursday night at EOTR.  We won't be there until about 7, and I'm not particularly interested in the music offering on the Thursday, so I just wanted to get a feel as to what everyone has planned.  What parts of the site are open, and what are our options , aside from the music at the Main Stage and Tipi.

What are your Thursday night traditions?

Edited by Dylan's Big Toe

14 minutes ago, Dylan's Big Toe said:

So this year is the first time I'll get to spend Thursday night at EOTR.  We won't be there until about 7, and I'm not particularly interested in the music offering on the Thursday, so I just wanted to get a feel as to what everyone has planned.  What parts of the site are open, and what are our options , aside from the music at the Main Stage and Tipi.

What are your Thursday night traditions?

Not been since the music started on the Woods on a thurs.

Normally, get a hot and spicy, try and get in the Tipi and give up... go for a wander and that's about it!

I think sometimes the woods/library/disco ship end of the site has been shut if my memory serves me correct.

Correct, Woods and Tipi areas, plus food stalls etc are open. Gardens, Ship and garden stage are closed until friday (no table tennis until Friday morning....). We generally have a few beers, watch a bit of music, and have an early one in preparation for the weekends high jinks...

Thursday is becoming more of an event, with a lot more music. It's nice to have something on the Woods as its really hard to get into the Tipi. We tend to go into the arena as it opens at about 5pm, look round the merch and then back to camp for something to eat before heading in for the music. It like Thursday eve. It's quieter and its all to come. enjoy.

Well, considering that Slowdive have released one of the best albums of the year, I'm really looking forward to the Thursday. If the music isn't your thing, there is normally a bit of fun and frolics going on round by the cider bus or a fire going on, where thankfully there never seem to be any hipsters playing their ukes, which is nice.

Either way, don't peak too soon as you'll be knackered by Saturday night ;-)