Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

On 1/19/2018 at 9:25 AM, ConorC said:

I'll be arriving on Friday about 11.30pm, so essentially will be missing the first 3 days.

Do the bigger acts/headliners usually play from Sat onwards? Or the other way round? Or is there no trend either way?

Bigger acts can be found across all days, whilst a comprehensive set of stages operate from Thursday onwards. 

16 hours ago, sdc021 said:

first time attending and just wondering if they announce the days the acts are playing at the same time as they announce the acts? not able to attend the full festival so just want to choose the best days to go!

They might confirm a date for a certain band if you pm them via Facebook. Worked last year.

Sounds out right but with more Headliners in March April time. I thought they may have added The Gorliaz or Eminem. Szieghet announce things different to most other Festivals.

On the last few posts, just to say that there does not seem to be any order to what day the headliners play apart from a DJ/Dance act the final night and for the last few years a big Female act the first night.  Last year the dates were matched up to the acts about a month before the Festival. 

I like this line up so far. A nice mix.

Can't wait to see Shame. Their album is very good. Wolf Alice can do no wrong in my eyes, Gogol Bordello are good live, Liam Gallagher's album was better than expected and he seems like he is getting it right live too. Plenty of others worth seeing as well.

For me this is as good as a first line up than any of the other festivals that have announced that are around August time.

Great announcement for me! Kendrick is dope, Mumford are nice live, and Kygo is one reason to be away from the main stage for at least one day (hopefully 2 more dull headliners, 4/7 is good enough).

The undercard is really nice too! Everything Everything is my top pick, but also Parov Stelar, Wolf Alice, Joe Goddard, Gogol Bordello, Liam Gallagher, Cigarettes After Sex, Slaves///

+ some bands to check out, and some nice festival bands like The Kooks.

• Upvote 1