Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

looking really good so far. I think there will be another DJ dance act for the Saturday or the Sunday and another female added. I am still going for the gorliaz. 

Not all the tickets  sold out last year and they changed the tickets and added a 3 day option. I am not sure if the  7/5 day tickets sold out

30 minutes ago, Akps said:

When does sziget usually announce the full line up separated by day?

I will only be there during two days, so I want to do the best choices...

I don't know exactly but I think April/May...

meanwhile try to check that list, there's already some date http://szigetnews.com/sziget-2018-lineup/

Edited by alan_ts

6 minutes ago, campspeng said:

Probably not at all trustworthy but a website called "Xpatloop" published an article saying Eminem will play Sziget on 10th Aug.

They've since taken it down but you can see a cached version here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hqv__IJkC6MJ:www.xpatloop.com/news/90985+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Could be accurate as there is not a headliner for the 10th as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Does anyone know when day splits are usually released? Definitely interested but don't want to commit to dates until I know who's playing when.

Usually announced before May but we already have some confirmed dates by the artists:

– August 8: Kendrick Lamar
– August 9: WhoMadeWho, Lemaitre
– August 10: The Kooks, Slaves, Perturbator
– August 11: Mumford & Sons, Bastille
– August 12: Liam Gallagher, Kaleo
– Agusust 13: Kygo
– August 14: Arctic Monkeys, Blossoms

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chris_Ryles said:

Does anyone have an estimate on when the next announcement is due?

In the past few years it was usually about 16-20 names almost each month (at the beginning or at the end of it).

49 minutes ago, Chris_Ryles said:

Is it likely that they'll take things slow after dropping AM?

Remains to be seen, but I expect a new announcement in March.

3 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

and all or most the names should be out by the end of April.

That's right, but there are some exceptions, even for headliners:

- Kings of Leon (I know this forum hates them now, myself included, :lol:) were announced for Sziget 2015 in June!

- The Chemical Brothers for Sziget 2016 and Korn for Sziget 2014 were announced in June as well!

- ...And Prince was announced for Sziget 2013 in July. :) 

You just never know with Sziget. :D

18 hours ago, Chris_Ryles said:

Cheers my friend, you certainly live up to your username.

Haha, thanks!

VOLT Festival, which is another festival in Hungary managed by Sziget staff, announced the following names today: Avenged Sevenfold, Steve Aoki, The Kills and X Ambassadors. The good news is that we won't have Steve Aoki at Sziget, so I guess there are only 2 remaining "mainstream DJs" who could play on the Main Stage: Armin van Buuren and Diplo.

If they really want an electronic act on the Main Stage, I hope they'll book Justice instead of the above two, as they are at Summer Well Festival in Romania (11-12 August) and they are a critically acclaimed duo.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

59 minutes ago, Buko said:

Just booked to go to sziget for the first time, what are the punters like in general, only European festival I’ve been to is Beni, which is essentially R&L abroad. I imagine it to be a little less full of 17 year old swinging jaws? 

Punters are usually party people and when I say party people I mean in a good way, relaxed and don't care what they listen to if it's good :D Majority of people who take drugs know how to use them so you don't notice it really

Edited by Nicklord

1 hour ago, Buko said:

Just booked to go to sziget for the first time, what are the punters like in general, only European festival I’ve been to is Beni, which is essentially R&L abroad. I imagine it to be a little less full of 17 year old swinging jaws? 

I would say 18-35 was the general age demographic when I went, loads of Dutch people there too.

Not so many swinging jaws, although if you go to watch an act on the Colosseum stage at the right time of the early morning you may spot a few... 

4 hours ago, Buko said:

It’s pretty easy to spot the drunk Brit at sziget...,

Still trying to convince some of my non-festival going friends to come to this with me. They''re saying they only want to do 3 days but I'm trying to convince them to do 5 days.  Either way - are there certain days that are normally better to go?

I would guess the last 3/5 days of the festival but I can only see the days for some of the acts so far.

21 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Still trying to convince some of my non-festival going friends to come to this with me. They''re saying they only want to do 3 days but I'm trying to convince them to do 5 days.  Either way - are there certain days that are normally better to go?

I would guess the last 3/5 days of the festival but I can only see the days for some of the acts so far.

Apart from the first day, all the stages are open for the rest of the festival so it all depends on your tastes what is the best days to go. I would highly recommend the festival, in 25 years of festivals its the best one that I have been to. Not the best lineup wise but everything else is nailed on and awesome weather usually and so friendly and chilled. 

What I would say is decide pretty quickly as flights can rise pretty rapidly.