Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

2 minutes ago, Odeliya said:

Ok so I really need your help. I was waiting for the last names to the sziget line up and really hoped the killers will show on that list but they didnt. Does anyone know if its the complete finished line up? If anyone know how I can contact their manager or whatever, I really realllyyyyy reeallly wanna see them there

Sziget will add more names but no chance whatsoever for The Killers as of today.

This announcement does precisely nothing for me, but Lana announced as headliner does confirm that I will be doing Sziget from Saturday to Tuesday.

on that note, has anyone ever bought a five day ticket but not gone on the first day? And does that cause any problems? My thinking being it costs roughly the same or less than to buy four day tickets or a three day plus a one day, and then if anyone amazing is announced in the A38 I have the option of changing my mind. But they won't be funny if I turn up on the Saturday to pick up a five day ticket which technically began on the Friday? 

4 hours ago, king_oxymoron said:

This announcement does precisely nothing for me, but Lana announced as headliner does confirm that I will be doing Sziget from Saturday to Tuesday.

on that note, has anyone ever bought a five day ticket but not gone on the first day? And does that cause any problems? My thinking being it costs roughly the same or less than to buy four day tickets or a three day plus a one day, and then if anyone amazing is announced in the A38 I have the option of changing my mind. But they won't be funny if I turn up on the Saturday to pick up a five day ticket which technically began on the Friday? 

I don't think why it would be a problem :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FionaFiona said:

What time does everything go on until? I assume the main stage has to finish by a certain time because of noise restrictions or whatever but do most of the areas stay open all night or very late?  

Main stage about 11pm, although 11.30pm this year. Majority of all the other arenas all night until 6am mostly. One of the things to consider where you camp, if you want some sleep don’t camp next to the Telekom arena. :rolleyes:

Here is the schedule from 2017 to give you a bit of an idea. 

https://szigetfestival.com/en/programs2017#!/s//2017-08-12

Edited by thetime

From the "smaller" names (relative to Milky Chance), I'd go see for sure:

Asaf Avidan, Yellow Days, Fever Ray: singer songwriters with great melodies 
Everything Everything, Wolf Alice: if you like indie-rock
King Gizzard, Gogol Bordello: punk/rock/psychedelic best shit live!!
Petit Biscuit, Chet Faker: chill electronics

21 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

From the "smaller" names (relative to Milky Chance), I'd go see for sure:

Asaf Avidan, Yellow Days, Fever Ray: singer songwriters with great melodies 
Everything Everything, Wolf Alice: if you like indie-rock
King Gizzard, Gogol Bordello: punk/rock/psychedelic best shit live!!
Petit Biscuit, Chet Faker: chill electronics

Will check them out in the next few day, cheers for that.