Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

46 minutes ago, ps123 said:

whats the chances of paramore or chvrches?

Nothing booked from June 8th till August 23rd for Paramore. The August date is a rescheduled one in the Philippines. Would probably suggest they'll be more dates added in-between. Does rule them out of Rock En Seine and Open Air Zurich though most likely and it doesn't look like they'll be at Reading and Leeds either. So if they are at Sziget it will be a rare European festival performance this year by the looks of it.

Having to pick two names for the two final major slots I'd pick Paramore/Justice for headliner and ine Inch Nails for subheadliner, but I see that this it rather unlikely.

I sure hope that Sziget will book some Gorillaz's collab for the 9th, in order to get some host on the stage (as the last album is massively collaborated and the risk is to get 90 mins of instrumental over pre-recorded base). 

So far I think that the linep has huge big picks, especially in the headliners list, which is something new for Sziget. Sure there is a lot of trash on the main stage that could have been avoided (and I'm referring more to Bastille - Parov Stelar - MO, than to that Bieber doppelganger they booked today), but I think that something is still lacking. Hope that the last names for A38 will improve this situation, especially in the night time.

Also really hyped for the Colosseum this year, there are some must have names, like Jeff Mills and Nina Kraviz, I sure hope they won't let them slip away!

1 hour ago, LouieC said:

Hey guys! Me and a group of mates are planning on going this year, but we’re a bit short of cash at the moment. Does the festival usually sell out? And if so when roughly?? Thanks :) 

Won’t sell out for a good while yet, the price will go up though nearer the time.

They are also doing a 5 month payment plan which maybe an option for you.

16 minutes ago, campspeng said:

Anybody got any idea how many more announcements there will be? Are there any more headliners to be announced?

I see they have said that theatre, dance, arts etc are to be announced through March. 

Regarding music entertainment I reckon 1 more main stage headliner plus a couple of subs and headliners for other stages.

A few more line up announcements still to come, probably in March, April and May. But with sziget it's hard to tell when and how many. 

• Upvote 1

Frequency Festival has announced some new bands a few minutes ago...

DIE ANTWOORD | Bastille | Flogging Molly | Dropkick Murphys | Hardwell | Afrojack | Sum 41 | The Kooks | Broilers | Walk Off The Earth | Papa Roach | Death From Above 1979 | Feine Sahne Fischfilet | The Vaccines | Ofenbach | Beartooth | The Used | Tom Walker | Eskimo Callboy | TRETTMANN | Noname | The Wanton Bishops | Findlay | SWMRS | YONAKA | Francobollo

NIGHTPARK
CHASE & STATUS (DJ Set) | FILOUS | PERTURBATOR | WILDSTYLEZ | WILKINSON DJ SET ft. MC AD-APT |
LET IT ROLL STAGE: ANDY C | CALYX & TEEBEE | MEFJUS ft. MAKSIM MC | Parasite | Suki

4 hours ago, matty13 said:

who’s everyone got to be the last headliner then? and what other bigger acts do you think might be there?

(thinking of buying tickets but just need one more good act to send me over the edge)

There are many names around: Justice, Lana del Rey, Paramore, Nine Inch Nails, et cetera et cetera - none of those is favorite over the others so we cannot tell for sure (meanwhile for the others announced, maybe except Mumford and Sons, there were rumors around); anyway I think that the main triple for this year will be Gorillaz-Kendrick-AM, right as in 2016 it was Muse-Rihanna-Sia and in 2015 Florence+The Machine-Robbie Williams-Kings of Leon

I think the last headliner will be Justice or NIN. Lana del Rey and Paramore do not have August dates in Europe (or at least not yet), but there were some rumours. I would bring NIN to headline and Justice as a sub (or as A38 headliner) and I would also bring Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Sum 41 and Papa Roach for the undercard. :)

4 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I think the last headliner will be Justice or NIN. Lana del Rey and Paramore do not have August dates in Europe (or at least not yet), but there were some rumours. I would bring NIN to headline and Justice as a sub (or as A38 headliner) and I would also bring Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Sum 41 and Papa Roach for the undercard. :)

That, in a perfect world, in a more reliable world I think we will have another pop-ish headliner, best case scenario Justice or NIN to open for Gorillaz and Parov Stelar subbing (so no relevant spots free).

What really makes me unconfortable is the lack of collaboration acts with Gorillaz in their day. If it shapes that way, given the last album,  we will have just a soundtrack to pre-recorded voices (and that would be a shame!)

Paramore played last years' Volt Festival, so back in time management also could book them for Sziget 2018, maybe even as european exclusive. Not the strongest headliner IMO, but also not the weakest one.

Considering that now there's only one hip-hop headliner the last one could be Travis Scott. Also that old rumour about Eminem - I'm sure he could ask to hold the announcement (if it's planned) until he ends his european shows. However he probably costs as half as whole festival lineup, so there's small chance.

Can't see NIN playing this year. Justice - maybe as A38 closer as M83 in 2016.