Sziget Festival 2018

#1SzigetFan

On 04/01/2018 at 1:12 PM, JoshWoogs said:

I hope we get some names sooner rather than later to up the excitement. 

Has anybody got their tickets yet?  We've booked flights but last year we spoke to some people, who said (it was their 5th time) that they always wait until about a month or so before and get them for much cheaper off the secondary market - has anybody else done this before?  I know the tickets aren't identification sensitive until you "check-in" with your passport, so I don't see why not.

Can you elaborate on this any more at all? Which site(s) are they talking about when they say secondary market? And how much cheaper do you know?

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

Can you elaborate on this any more at all? Which site(s) are they talking about when they say secondary market? And how much cheaper do you know?

I spoke to them again this weekend, they said every year they wait until the week before and get tickets from people who can't go.  One of them, a lad called Lee paid £150 for a 7 day pass last year, 3 weeks before.

They just searched things like twitter or look on secondary sites like See Tickets for when desperate people try and recoup some money back when they realise they can't go anymore.  I purposely left the early bird tickets, so I'm all in on this now haha

• Upvote 1

I'm  looking at maybe going to Sziget 2019. I know it's a long way off but I can't make this years.

I've been once before when I stayed in the city for a few days before the festival started. Which I loved. We stayed in a hostel in the city as my friend was pregnant and got the 'taxi boat' to the island each day.

As I don't really like doing the same holidays over again. I'm looking for suggestions that will make it a different experience.

So far I've found a campervan rental in Munich so we could fly from England to Germany. Then drive through Austria to Sziget. And camp in the van at the festival.

Any other suggestions that would make it a different experience?

Cheers

If by any "chance" you have to come alone, do it and join Camp Unknown :) 

Foo Fighters, Kendrick Lamar and Pixies are strong rumors (for efestivals standard it's not far from a confirmation) for Reading and Leeds!

But

1- it's not confirmed

2- R&L has the power to have one off performances in august for big headliners

Come on Sziget...

5 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Going again this year?

Can't see mysef missing two years in a row...

No not this year, wife’s due to give birth in March. Going missing to Budapest for 10 days in August would get me a clip around the ear. :lol:

this thread is going to hurt this year, will be going in 2019 though. 

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Is the award fan voted or industry voted?

it used to be both, but i recall they changed the system after untold festival won 2 years ago. i think that now the % for popular voting is smaller than before.

anyway, not an important award imo, seems like the biggest festivals don't care too much about them.

Edited by neacaisa

Just now, gregory said:

Think I read in MusicWeek he's planning to do festivals Summer 2019 (I read this last summer - everything he does is very calculated).

Anyway, y'all better be ready for that...

I’d be happy if he’s not there but it does fit well with his planned tour dates. Let’s see, szigets lineup is pretty unpredictable (and often not in a good way :P)