Simple Things 2017

russycarps

Anyone going to this? Anyone been before?

What's it like? What are the venues like? Where will Leftfield be playing?? So many questions!

Looking forward to it though, love bristol and bristolians and seeing leftfield doing leftism will bring back some memories, so this should be a goodun!

Hello russy,

I hadn't known about this one day festival, so thanks for pointing it out. My old school friend (and now brother in law) lives in Bristol with his wife. They may not know about this, so will tell them. 

Hope  you have a fun time. I've been to Bristol more times than you can shake a shitty stick at, and have never once been disappointed in a visit.

41 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello russy,

I hadn't known about this one day festival, so thanks for pointing it out. My old school friend (and now brother in law) lives in Bristol with his wife. They may not know about this, so will tell them. 

Hope  you have a fun time. I've been to Bristol more times than you can shake a shitty stick at, and have never once been disappointed in a visit.

Hey Yog, 

Yeah it looks interesting, lots of little venues dotted across the city playing a wide range of music by all accounts, but I havent really found that much info about the specifics online. To be honest I'm mainly just wondering what sort of drugs I should get for it!

And yep, bristol is brill. If I ever leave here, that's where I'll go.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Hey Yog, 

Yeah it looks interesting, lots of little venues dotted across the city playing a wide range of music by all accounts, but I havent really found that much info about the specifics online. To be honest I'm mainly just wondering what sort of drugs I should get for it!

And yep, bristol is brill. If I ever leave here, that's where I'll go.

Hello russy,

Yeah, I've told my mate about it, and he is interested in going. Can't help on what drugs to bring. My mate comes up to Birmingham to get his now, as the prices in Bristol are mental - then again, I personally don't think that he's put in the hard work searching properly for good suppliers. 

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

Anyone going to this? Anyone been before?

What's it like? What are the venues like? Where will Leftfield be playing?? So many questions!

Looking forward to it though, love bristol and bristolians and seeing leftfield doing leftism will bring back some memories, so this should be a goodun!

Thought about it, nearly bought tickets on Sunday then didn't.  Leftfield are playing in Colston Hall no idea what time though, I guess you might not know that till the day.  All the venues will be good, Colston Hall is your usual city concert hall but it's ok, quite relaxed, we've seen loads of stuff there.

What puts me off a bit is the ticketing format.  6 Music festival in Bristol had the same ticketing system and loads of people moaned about it as you're not guaranteed to see who you want.  As it happens we did see who we wanted to, but I think it was luck.  When we left after Underworld people were still queuing.

Basically the ticket is for all venues so I imagine you may have to queue for Leftfield to make sure you get in.  Once it's full that's it, so if you need a wee and there's a queue for the hall you probably won't get back in.  They do it on a one out, one in basis if you see what I mean.  This will apply to all the other venues too, so popular stuff may be over subscribed.

16 hours ago, Kizzie said:

Thought about it, nearly bought tickets on Sunday then didn't.  Leftfield are playing in Colston Hall no idea what time though, I guess you might not know that till the day.  All the venues will be good, Colston Hall is your usual city concert hall but it's ok, quite relaxed, we've seen loads of stuff there.

What puts me off a bit is the ticketing format.  6 Music festival in Bristol had the same ticketing system and loads of people moaned about it as you're not guaranteed to see who you want.  As it happens we did see who we wanted to, but I think it was luck.  When we left after Underworld people were still queuing.

Basically the ticket is for all venues so I imagine you may have to queue for Leftfield to make sure you get in.  Once it's full that's it, so if you need a wee and there's a queue for the hall you probably won't get back in.  They do it on a one out, one in basis if you see what I mean.  This will apply to all the other venues too, so popular stuff may be over subscribed.

Thanks a lot for this, much appreciated!

That ticketing thing sounds quite crappy and colston hall is pretty small if I remember rightly isnt it? So I guess seeing leftfield wont happen as I doubt we'll be in the right frame of mind to queue come the end of the night. Oh well, I'm mainly interesting in trying to find some unusual smaller acts anyway.

I would have thought Neil would be dragging you along to it though, seeing as there is some talking heads orchestra thing going on!

7 hours ago, russycarps said:

I would have thought Neil would be dragging you along to it though, seeing as there is some talking heads orchestra thing going on!

I think he's a bit orchestra'd out this summer, everywhere we've been has been orchestra heavy.  Orchestra's are the new black. :)

8 hours ago, russycarps said:

I sort of quite want to see that, and I quite sort-of don't. It's one of those things where they could do it brilliantly, or I'm likely to hate it - with no inbetween.