Guest Camping

Hank123

I have been going Leeds festival many years now regular camping and last year finally done the pink moon camping, which was a life saver but a trek! Now this year we are camping in guest as I know its always been right next to the arena and sounds really good. Just discovered on the leeds website the guest camping has moved! and we need to go to purple gate to check in etc, and we can get a shuttle bus from yellow to purple when we get dropped off. This is not what we had in mind at all, is anyone else in the same boat know anymore information?

15 hours ago, Howkflakegirl said:

If you go to the website the new map has just been put up. The guest camping is basically on the other side of the arena bit so it's still close. It's a bit annoying though, as we usually camp with some friends in disabled and can't this year because of the change.

Yeah I've had a look and it seems very odd to have moved it where they have moved it! We've bought one of the lockers to charge our phone which is in the village and that's at the complete other end were as where the guest camping used to be it was in the middle of everything.

That sucks you can't camp with your friends because of it, I always thought that anyone that was accompanying anyone in disabled would go in guest, have they just made that whole area disabled? really don't understand why they have changed it.

Edited by Hank123

On 17/08/2017 at 1:14 PM, Hank123 said:

That sucks you can't camp with your friends because of it, I always thought that anyone that was accompanying anyone in disabled would go in guest, have they just made that whole area disabled? really don't understand why they have changed it.

I'm not sure tbh. Our disabled friend has 2 spare disabled camping spaces so we're assuming we will be able to just camp with him anyway

This change is annoying. Does anyone know/reckon that our disabled access will still allow access to the guest bar area in their new location? Our wristband usually just says guest anyway and we like taking a break in the guest bar so really hoping this is the case??? Can't see them making totally new wristbands just for the new disabled area split. Any info appreciated 

Edited by djmckeever

I've emailed festival republic to get some more info and not heard anything back from them.. this has totally messed up our plans to buy our drink when we get there at the Tesco from the shuttle bus, but this will mean we will get 2 buses to get to guest then 2 buses to go to the Tesco! Just going to have to figure something out when we get there.

On 19/08/2017 at 11:20 AM, djmckeever said:

This change is annoying. Does anyone know/reckon that our disabled access will still allow access to the guest bar area in their new location? Our wristband usually just says guest anyway and we like taking a break in the guest bar so really hoping this is the case??? Can't see them making totally new wristbands just for the new disabled area split. Any info appreciated 

I'd send them an email as there's no information on the disabled area on the website about it 

2 hours ago, Hank123 said:

I'd send them an email as there's no information on the disabled area on the website about it 

Hi ive sent emails to access/ info and contact fest republic and leeds fest on messenger. Only 1 reply re this exact issue. leeds fest messenger said email access .

how helpful.

1 hour ago, Hayley Lavery said:

I have had a email back today, I asked if there was walking access from guest camp to the arena and they have said NO, it's just shuttle busses! I'm really not happy about this! So guests have got to walk to purple gate to wait and get a shuttle bus to yellow gate then walk to the arena!! 

You've got to be having a laugh! We've only gone guest this year for it to be easier!! 

The distance between the guest camping and the main stage looks like nothing why the hell cant we walk? 

Edited by Hank123

5 hours ago, Hayley Lavery said:

I have had a email back today, I asked if there was walking access from guest camp to the arena and they have said NO, it's just shuttle busses! I'm really not happy about this! So guests have got to walk to purple gate to wait and get a shuttle bus to yellow gate then walk to the arena!! 

Can you paste the email here minus personal details?

If you look on Google Maps and turn satellite on, it looks like the guest camping is directly behind the guest area in the arena - FR appear to have put a gap on their map that doesn't exist

Edited by czuk

19 hours ago, Hank123 said:

You've got to be having a laugh! We've only gone guest this year for it to be easier!! 

The distance between the guest camping and the main stage looks like nothing why the hell cant we walk? 

Guest camping is next to staff camping so the walk to the arena would be through a staff area so I'm guessing that's why you will need to get shuttle buses. 

On 17/08/2017 at 9:49 PM, 504329lt said:

looks like the 'silent area' has encroached upon what was Guest.  Been up to tonight and looked at Purple Gate and looks like you have to drive over a bog!

It's actually a pretty decent run in from purple gate ..... they have made a decent road through the fields

12 minutes ago, halfpint said:

Guest camping is next to staff camping so the walk to the arena would be through a staff area so I'm guessing that's why you will need to get shuttle buses. 

So will this mean we need to go through main gate? I'd heard from guest campers before you could take your own drink into the arena so we were planning on taking a few cans in with us but looks like that will be a no for this year 

36 minutes ago, Hank123 said:

So will this mean we need to go through main gate? I'd heard from guest campers before you could take your own drink into the arena so we were planning on taking a few cans in with us but looks like that will be a no for this year 

Not sure on that one I'm afraid.....just guessing that's the reason the person was told they would need to get a shuttle bus. 

Surely a guest pass doesnt mean you HAVE to camp in guest area though right? My son has one as he is an Ambassador but he wants to camp with his mates obvs. He is is only bothered about the posh bogs which is fair enough. I was gonna drop him off at guest gate so he could get his wrist band and he was going to pitch a tent in one of the main camping areas while I took his mate and rest of their gear to main drop off where he would meet us