See you in the hills ?

Comfy Bean

Just got my tickets through for Electric Fields, first weekend in September :)

Am i right in saying that the Kendal Calling team are running the show for this ?

Anyone else going ? Thought it might be of interest on here as the line up looks pretty decent and some of them might pop up next year at KC ?

Less the a hundred quid for my weekend ticket and £20 for the kids. Quiet family camping a 2 minute walk from your car ( free ) and 5000 capacity.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/electricfields/2017

Edited by Comfy Bean

• 2 weeks later...

Aye. Excellent weekend. The difference in sound was massive as ramra says. Loudest I can remember hearing in a while.

Perhaps a licence issue at KC ?

One negative was that there was sound bleed  into the tents. Really enjoyed the Beat and the Jesus and Mary Chain.

1am shut down in the arena was a bit early but meant that unlike at Wickerman you didn`t have the bass booming till 4am.

Brilliant for the kids with the adventure playground thing and loads of space to run about. Car Park to general was across a road.

Straight in with no q on Friday and straight out. Family camping up a hill but they had a free buggy with trailer running on Sunday

taking everyone`s kit down to the car park.

Moretti at the bar and bags searched going in without the frisking so the odd drink could be slipped in :ph34r:

Have just registered for the early bird sale for next year.

I think the KC team have some interest in this. Could easily handle an increase on the 5000 as loads of room in the arena and

campsites. Perhaps KC could consider using the lush green carpet like stuff that covered every inch of the site down at the 

lakes ? Trainers all weekend B)

• 5 months later...
On 05/09/2017 at 8:33 PM, ramragon said:

What an excellent weekend. Lovely weather, lovely setting, great music. Can't fault anything.

If anyone from Kendal checks this out then ask the electric fields sound guy to sort the kc main stage next year. Really impressive 

After years of it being pretty poor, I thought KC got the main stage sound right last year.

The sound was horrible at the side of the field. You couldn't tell anyone was on stage when Jake Bugg played. We were just off the path that heads towards calling out and house party. I appreciate Bugg does a lot of quieter numbers but his performance was lost where we were