I've been emailed this survey about who do I want to headline next year.

I told them I'd like Oneohtrix Point Never, St Vincent, The Avalanches, and Kiasmos. They'd do well to heed my advice.

Got any suggestions of who you'd like to see? Could we potentially see Bluedot marred by the same poor management as Kendal Calling reportedly suffered this year? Will they move the date back to where it was? Do they use that telescope to watch people in the shower?

Who do you mean - Kendall calling have sold half the tickets for next year or Bluedot? 

I'd love to see Bjork there , Jon Hopkins , Bon iver . 

That Moomins film with live music would be so wonderful if they did that again. It was one of my highlights , me and my pal were weeping away. The Sunday weeps always get me somehow .  

On 8/11/2017 at 8:31 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've been emailed this survey about who do I want to headline next year.

I told them I'd like Oneohtrix Point Never, St Vincent, The Avalanches, and Kiasmos. They'd do well to heed my advice.

Got any suggestions of who you'd like to see? Could we potentially see Bluedot marred by the same poor management as Kendal Calling reportedly suffered this year? Will they move the date back to where it was? Do they use that telescope to watch people in the shower?

Dates have already been announced - 20th-23rd July

Moby, Royksopp, Hot Chip, UNKLE, Future Islands, Primal Scream, New Order, M83, Etienne De Crecy would all be a good fit for me.

On 13/08/2017 at 0:29 AM, Chawk said:

These guys have had stellar line ups so far, but I never go, maybe next year. I would've loved to have seen Jean MJ, Caribou, Orbital, Pixies etc AND now I hear there was a Moomin film?!

YES!! It was a total life highlight! One of the things I was most excited about before the festival and it didn't disappoint. 

They took the story of the comet from the original 1980's animations ( fuzzy felt style  one) and took away any dialogue , and with a variety of instruments , ocarinas, melodeon , recorders , and lots of wonderful sounds improvised a soundtrack. It was so unique and special. 

Stupidly I didn't realise till the end that one of the two men was Graeme Millar who wrote the original theme tune ! It was one of the loveliest things of the festival and be great if they could repeat it somewhere. 

IMG_3238.JPG

We've got tickets for next year so going to do Blue Dot rather than Kendal Calling, though that's not to besmirch KC, we had a top time there this year and they kept it ticking along even with the muddy bits. 

We saw Elbow at Jodrel Bank a few years ago and I'd love to see them again with the other Jodrelites! 

Flaming Lips, Super Furry Animals, Future Islands, Dizzee Rascal, Frightened Rabbit, British Sea Power, Post War Glamour Girls, Wind-Up Birds, Slow Readers Club, Frankie & The Heartstrings, Shed 7, Inspiral Carpets

That'll do me!

Edited by Flaminglippy
Add bands

• 8 months later...