First Festival - Alone?

Calza

Hi all,

After a bit of advice, although I think I know the answer....

I've only ever been to a day festival (wireless about 6 years ago). But I now find myself with tickets to New Horizons in Germany in 2 weeks. Originally I was going with the other half, but we've split so I'm now left with tickets, ferry booking etc but no-one to go with.

I do travel on my own occasionally for work but I can't help but think I'd be uncomfortable and out of place standing there on my own, especially for a whole weekend. Not to mention it's quite a drive for me on my own in one day! (and god knows how I'd put the tent up).

Which is a shame because the lineup looks amazing and I was so excited for the whole experience!

I've tried selling the tickets with limited success so that option is out. It's either bin them, or go solo.

Any advice for a newbie appreciated here, thanks! 

Edited by Calza

• 2 weeks later...

Of course you go - and learn from it. Why not practice putting the tent up at home first?

I know nothing about New Horizons but I've never been to an unfriendly festival and have no reason to believe that New Horizons will be anything different.

The golden rule is make friends with your neighbours.  Offer to share a beer or a cup of coffee. They'll keep an eye on your tent and you do the same for them.

Festivals are about people, the music comes second, so enjoy making new friends and have a great time.  And come back and tell us how you got on.