General info required

Stu16

Just looking for some general info for next Friday. What time would you suggest we arrive? We're driving from Glasgow; I've never driven as far as Weston Park and have no idea how bad traffic could be on the M6. We're thinking about leaving Glasgow at 6am and hoping to get there by 12-1. Is this realistic?

Also how long is the walk from the car park to campsite, typically? And then the walk from campsite to arena? Thanks for any replies and advice.

If memory serves they bring people coming in from the North off at J12.  Looking at maps on a good run this will take 4.5 hours so given the time you'll go past Manchester i would an hour so 5.5 hours to join the queue which by 11-12 should be starting to improve after the morning lot.

Havn't been to V for a fair few years (line up doesn’t do it for me anymore) but I live near the festival. There is rarely masses of ques getting in these days, so wouldn’t have thought you’d get hugely delayed getting into the festival. There are always issues on the M6 so id anticipate some for your journey south :)

The walk from the car park is quite far, depending on where you get to park, I’ve walked for a good half hr at the minimum in the past. Id just suggest buying a good trolley as it’s a bit of a trek to go multiple car trips. However one of the best things about V is the campsites are close to the arena :) you can easily pop in and out of the arena to your tent all day :)