Half way to selling out already

LOCHLAND5

Yeah why not?

Done my bit anyway.

Edit to say: a couple of high profile cancellations this year could well increase the traffic flow towards KC which must now be seen as a rock-solid, reliable event. I mean what's ever got stopped by rain in Cumbria?

Edited by RossendaleR

I think they'll get close to doing it, although a lot of the mad rush will have been yesterday and it'll probably slow down a bit now emperors and live in are sold out. 

Do they not usually keep some back for when the line ups announced though ? 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

that's what they're aiming for.

But didn't they already sell-out, to Global? With all the things which come with it.

I realise that's what the are aiming for just asking if the fans think it's possible, me personally I don't think they will do it but it will be close .

As for the Global deal it could be viewed as selling out but I've seen and got there accounts looked at the share holding the 2 directors have retained in the new company that's been set up and it's been a good deal for all concerned! Wish I was a pound behind them ........... nah wish I was a grand in front of them lol!

all the things that come with it I'm not to sure of the whole details I know the Broadwick live side have had big problems............... but let's break it down 

Festival number 6 !

can we really hold it against them the weather they had last year was more of a emergency flood disaster savage by all accounts and I have a friend that put up some stuff on there and said it was just freak weather and no ones fault.

Truck festival 

can only go by reports on here or social media seems they got it wrong ! But it's very difficult to take over a festival with a new production build team and get it right year 1 I would say, so fingers probably pointing at Ground Control! 

Y Not Festival.

as above ha ha ! What a carry on again Ground control first year on site previous directors gone freak weather Friday and some savage things been said about it in the press ! 

Kendal Calling 

same weekend as Y not it was muddy but it rained for a week before gates opened never going to be pretty . You get the same moans every year , bad toilets , poor traffic management not enough of this and that, me personally I didn't see much of a change from the previous year which was their biggest success to date . Kendal have got it easy on some things 1 mile from the site they have the UK's largest wood chip producer .......... an aboundance on hand within 30mins ! There are so many local companies prepared to get involved with Kendal and make it what it is plus Kendal have there own team of staff the From the fields staff who also put there heart and soul into the weekend being a success . 

Kendal sound was pants , it was muddy and they had a 20 min handbag fight in general camping which involved a lot of people and looked like carnage lol ! But there was no real change this year apart from they could afford a helicopter to fly them over the site while their beloved hotpots were on taking pictures from the air ! 

Only real moan I'm getting from folk is the cost these days ! 

And as for the the fest6/truck/Ynot debacle I'm sure they will come good next year ! But if they cancel Snowbombing because it's snowed we all know they ain't fit ! Lol 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm rapidly losing faith in that.

When stuff gets said that's not true to try and shut down fair comment of the facts, it doesn't build trust.

yeah i get the feeling there is an element of that, but i would say global are just an innocent shareholder at this time being fed bs by there partners protecting their arses! 

3 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

yeah i get the feeling there is an element of that, but i would say global are just an innocent shareholder at this time being fed bs by there partners protecting their arses! 

hmmmm. There's certainly been some cross-over in marketing, which strongly suggests there's something more than an inactive shareholding to this.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

hmmmm. There's certainly been some cross-over in marketing, which strongly suggests there's something more than an inactive shareholding to this.

ohhh  well time will tell no doubt but all i can really say is there appears to be no change front of house at Kendal ! maybe we should infiltrate the From the fields office and see if they are now forced to listen to heart fm all day ! 

Just now, paddyclark said:

Having Bought my tickets for next year.. Are you suggesting cause for concern Neil?  

with Kendal, i'm unsure.

My surity might have been increased last week, but instead the Kendal team lessened it rather than increased it by their communications.

Mixed in with other stuff I see it as worrying.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

with Kendal, i'm unsure.

My surity might have been increased last week, but instead the Kendal team lessened it rather than increased it by their communications.

Mixed in with other stuff I see it as worrying.

How's that if you don't mind me asking Neil?

6 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

How's that if you don't mind me asking Neil?

since that post - and quite possibly because of that post - there's been further communications and my feelings are different again now to how they were a few hours ago. More positive.

From one angle I'd like to give the Kendal team the full benefit of the doubt and so my full trust,  but with everything that's gone on I can't be anything but wary, unfortunately. Not necessarily from the Kendal team but with things they're connected too: I know with certainty I've been spun some yarns - or worse -  but I just don't know which are the yarns and how the connections go around them.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:26 AM, LOCHLAND5 said:

Festival number 6

can we really hold it against them the weather they had last year was more of a emergency flood disaster savage by all accounts and I have a friend that put up some stuff on there and said it was just freak weather and no ones fault.

When we arrived at Festival Number 6 a car in front of us got stuck in the mud, the staff said "I don't know how we're going to get these cars out on Monday"

Getting to and from our tent was absolutely dangerous, despite a tarmacced road running parallel, we weren't allowed to walk on that due to "health and safety" (it's not the road the coaches were taking)

Come Monday we were sent backwards and forwards for 2 hours, we were told to stay under cover of the campsite bar, before security told us we couldn't be there, the organisation was shambolic at best, it cost us over £200 for a hotel and a taxi back to site, we were told we'd be paid back for any expenses, but have got nowhere with that.

The weather was bad and there were things that weren't good that I wouldn't blame them for, but damn the whole thing had some of the worst organisation I've ever seen. 

55 minutes ago, generationgav said:

cost us over £200 for a hotel and a taxi back to site, we were told we'd be paid back for any expenses, but have got nowhere with that.

The weather was bad and there were things that weren't good that I wouldn't blame them for, but damn the whole thing had some of the worst organisation I've ever seen. 

Ahhhhh right I was under the the impression they had done a fair bit of sorting folk out on expenses ! Obviously not mate .

On 09/08/2017 at 9:00 PM, LOCHLAND5 said:

Who thinks they can sell out without naming a band ?

Me.

Do we know if KC already have the capability to increase capacity next year within their licence ?

If so, by how much.

Could they shift another 5000 tickets for example and the first we know will be when the arena is rammed ?

21 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Could they shift another 5000 tickets for example and the first we know will be when the arena is rammed ?

If you go by what they claim the capacity is there is room for another 7 or 8 k

you and I know it's not possible to increase by that there simply isn't the room !

you would need to have another outside stage going up against the main , house party to become the calling out tent in size and so on ! 

Plus camping space which I can't see where they can find the camping 

8 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

If you go by what they claim the capacity is there is room for another 7 or 8 k

you and I know it's not possible to increase by that there simply isn't the room !

you would need to have another outside stage going up against the main , house party to become the calling out tent in size and so on ! 

Plus camping space which I can't see where they can find the camping 

The opportunity to cash in the extra numbers allowed within the licence then is understandable but very worrying.