Half way to selling out already

LOCHLAND5

Presented with such interest who wouldn't take advantage of the demand? 

I've heard figures from 25,000-35,000 for this year. It's always hard to guess, but I thought the top estimate was more accurate. There was a lot of people.

No Glastonbury and people avoiding Y Not there is a market there for Kendal Calling to be a big festival. 

Question is will they do that and is it what the regulars want?

I don't think they went past 30k this year, probably a thousand or so short of it, but you could see where the camp site and the arena had expanded when you looked around, theyve had a licence for around 3 years now to increase the capacity to about 35k but they always stated they wanted slight increases rather than just a major jump.

I could see another controlled increase next year to push the boundaries a little bit more but there's no way they'll jump all in at 35k, it would take a lot of rejigging the layout of camp sites and the arena plus a credible 2nd stage to contend with extra crowds like that. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/08/2017 at 2:12 PM, Peanutsinger said:

Presented with such interest who wouldn't take advantage of the demand? 

I've heard figures from 25,000-35,000 for this year. It's always hard to guess, but I thought the top estimate was more accurate. There was a lot of people.

No Glastonbury and people avoiding Y Not there is a market there for Kendal Calling to be a big festival. 

Question is will they do that and is it what the regulars want?

Taking interest in this one this year, why are people avoiding Y Not?

How quick does 1st release actually sell?, must be the fastest selling festival now. I believe it works out £190 based on two people if you include Thursday which for Happy Mondays and Franz wouldn't be worth it for me....buy I guess you probably have to just so you get a good camp spot in Saddle for e.g..

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Taking interest in this one this year, why are people avoiding Y Not?

Y not got the plug pulled lots of conflicting stories some say authorities pulled it others the festival itself .

efestivals knows the crack but he wont pull the pin !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-40773130