Which festivals will sell out quicker next year?

Rumblestripe

AEG Presents is planning to launch a huge new festival at Knebworth Park next summer, Music Week understands.

The multi-day event, which is yet to be confirmed, would help plug the gap in the festival calendar created by Glastonbury’s fallow year and would be the first concert to take place at the 125,000-capacity Hertfordshire venue since the 2014 Sonisphere festival. 

The Rolling Stones - who previously played Knebworth in 1976 - are rumoured to be in the frame to headline. AEG offered no comment on the speculation, but has a long-standing relationship with the Stones, who performed at the promoter's Desert Trip festival in 2016 and played two nights during the inaugural edition of its British Summer Time Hyde Park series in 2013 - the band's last appearances in their homeland to date.

The company is also producing the Stones’ upcoming No Filter European tour, which begins in Germany on Saturday (September 9) at Hamburg’s Stadtpark. The tour will then go on to visit stadiums in Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden, before concluding at the U Arena in Paris on October 25.

Tweeting back in May, the legendary rockers all but confirmed that domestic shows would follow. “Sorry to our UK fans there are no UK dates on this run, due to lack of available venues because of sporting fixtures. Hope to be here in 2018,” they said.

Knebworth was the site of Oasis’ era-defining 1996 shows and has also hosted the likes of Queen, Robbie Williams, Pink Floyd and Red Hot Chili Peppers. 

http://www.musicweek.com/live/read/aeg-to-launch-new-knebworth-festival/069701

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Primavera will benefit being just before Glasto weekend and could sell out quicker than ever next year. Could be a big year for the IOW festival next year after the Live Nation merger, reckon they could possibly pull out a good line up and probably be one of the first fests to announce their headliners

Edited by DiscothequeDave

On 08/09/2017 at 1:08 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ah - indeed.  I must have missed the tweet.

dw I missed it too. For some reason it comes up on the homepage but not on the sidebar, which is where I get the news from cos my bookmark is set to the forum landing page.

Anyway, it doesn't suggest whether it's a weekend event or a one-dayer but I'm all over anything that's the Stones at less-than-Stones prices. If it comes off, that's top of my itinerary for next summer.

Bestival will surely be out of the market next year too

I had fun but it was probably the worst organised event I have ever been to. Set times constantly changing, acts pulling out, barely anything to do in the day time

Oh and to top it off a woman was murdered... how awful

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4872462/Man-arrested-death-woman-Bestival.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Bestival will surely be out of the market next year too

I had fun but it was probably the worst organised event I have ever been to. Set times constantly changing, acts pulling out, barely anything to do in the day time

Oh and to top it off a woman was murdered... how awful

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4872462/Man-arrested-death-woman-Bestival.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

Calm down, FFS. Its not certain yet it was murder. Don't use the fucking Daily Mail as evidence for anything. As mentioned in the thread you already started, its standard to arrest somebody if they are to be interviewed under caution.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Bestival. Personally I hope they pull it together and thrive.

Edited by Waapster

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Wakan Tanka said:

Having gone to Boomtown for the first time this year I think this has a good chance of selling out quite quick. When I got back and was asked what it was like  I could only reply with "it's like Disneyland on Acid :lol:". If you have not been give it a go :D

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH. I understand that it's good to share but please wait at least 24 hours after the tickets have gone on sale. Thus securing your own. Its all fair in love and war ;), and ticket sales. :ph34r: