Which festivals will sell out quicker next year?

Rumblestripe

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Apart from Glastonbury and Bearded Theory, what other festivals can you take your own booze in to? 

Beatherder

As much as you want in the campsite, however they did try to restrict to 2 or 4 cans per journey in because of pressure from the council. It is only a small festival so problem going back to tent/camper for extras. I took a few plastic bottles of spirits each day with no bother but got stopped with a 10 pack of cider which I was genuinely trying to bring  from my caravan for a friend who was arriving late to the campsite.

25 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

We (that's me and my Glastonbury crew) have been talking of doing the same for years now as it is a fallow year. All down to finances. Fingers crossed.

I'm in the same boat. I know if I save hardcore for the next 6 months (tickets go on late March) then it's possible that I will be able to afford it. Let me know if you decide to go ahead and get tickets. Looks like I'm currently going solo, none of my friends seem that bothered by it. 

If you haven't already, check out the Mark Day '24 Hours at Burning Man' videos on YouTube. They give a great insight into the amount of work that goes into the art projects. 

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nope.

From here:-
http://www.shambalafestival.org/essential-info/faqs/

you can bring an amount ‘suitable for personal use’ and at the discretion of the Shambala team. By way of a guide 12 cans of beer (or cider) and half of a litre of spirits per person in your group would be acceptable. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

So not no restrictions

To be fair, the question was about "take your own booze", not "no restrictions", although I didn't realise Shambala was so restricted, useful info, ta :).  

Speaking for myself, I'm interested in both - in fact the entire spectrum. Which festivals allow as much booze as you can carry, which allow some booze, which allow no booze and which practically strip search you for bottle of water as if you're at an airport.

26 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

I'm in the same boat. I know if I save hardcore for the next 6 months (tickets go on late March) then it's possible that I will be able to afford it. Let me know if you decide to go ahead and get tickets. Looks like I'm currently going solo, none of my friends seem that bothered by it. 

If you haven't already, check out the Mark Day '24 Hours at Burning Man' videos on YouTube. They give a great insight into the amount of work that goes into the art projects. 

Cheers, I'll check out that vid. A few friends have been before (they're not short of funds like us) so I do have some insight. Got a couple of contacts over there so a slim chance of crew/working tickets. If it looks like it is likely that we're going I'll let you know. Jump aboard, the more the merrier.

30 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

No water, food, or booze?? You're shitting me??? That's a thing?? 

It was years ago, so you've got me doubting myself now, but I think so, yeah. Parklife was the same, I think.

Bear in mind that Transmission was a 1 day affair and Parklife has no camping, so in practice not quite as bad as all that, but still pretty shitty.

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Maybe Boomtown won't sell so well next year.

the craziness is part of it. If they ever get their shit together that's probably be the end of it, not when they can't. :P

Here's betting that just like Glasto last year there'll barely be a mention of it after the fest, with all those troubles washed away by having a great time.

I'm pleased to say that the missing press ticket for the efest team there got sorted, tho I don't have any info on what went on there (I might a bit later today). It's not impossible that me or one of those team messed up somehow, tho I don't think that's what happened.

And i'd love to know what was going on at the gates. None of the theories/exp-lanations I've read (including Boomtown's own) seem to make much sense.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

nope, unless it changed for this year. Last year you could take booze in because they weren't searching anyone for it, tho whether it was actually allowed I can't remember now.

They searched for booze last year i remembrr cos that wasnt allowed. Food was ok though

On 10/08/2017 at 11:40 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

It was years ago, so you've got me doubting myself now, but I think so, yeah. Parklife was the same, I think.

Bear in mind that Transmission was a 1 day affair and Parklife has no camping, so in practice not quite as bad as all that, but still pretty shitty.

Spose if it's a one dayer then it's a bit more tolerable but even still!

:wacko:

On 10/08/2017 at 1:34 PM, eFestivals said:

they might be camra approved, but if it's been given the same sort of camra approval that bluedot had last year its fizzy-shite beer that'll make plenty unhappy (even tho i fully accept it's still a better bar than what most festivals manage).

To my mind only cask ales count, and everything else is unreal ale.

Two large real ale tents Neil. All local breweries All Cask and Cider 10 or more beers with 3 changing daily.  and 4 for 15 squid.    

4th Kendal in a Row   excellent as ever though the lineup and weather worse than 2016.  emporors field makes all the difference higher ground and less footfall so even this year mud bearable compared to standard camping .

On 8/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, Gnomicide said:

Apart from Glastonbury and Bearded Theory, what other festivals can you take your own booze in to? 

Bestival (you're not supposed tobut I've only ever been stopped and checked once in the five times I've been)! Shindig.