Glen Campbell

crocodiles

Sadly not a surprise but very sad to hear of the death of a true music legend.  Glen Campbell.  Wichata lineman one of the most beautiful songs ever . Galveston gentle on my mind by the time I get to Phoenix all classics. May not be to everyone's taste but when you consider what he sang what he played on he's an icon . One of my biggest regrets musically is not seeing him on his final tour a few years back . 

Very sad, but as you said not unexpected. Like you Croc i really regret not seeing him on that farewell tour and the more you look into what he did over the years you realise how good he was from his early session work all the way through to the albums he released when he was in his 70's.

34 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Sad to see his passing, I really only knew his country stuff was a little surprised to see his early "rock 'n' roll" persona on the tellybox this morning. He could rock that guitar when the mood took him.

RIP

Versatile chap.  He's covered John Lennon and toured with The Beach Boys.

Anyone who knows little about GC should just read the list of records he played on - absolutely played a massive part in the soundtrack in all our lives. 

Recorded quite possibly the greatest vocal of all time on Wichita Lineman.

Was hoping he'd do the legend slot a few years back when we was touring - the tour with the modern covers on. He would have been great.

RIP.