Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

2 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

At this point the only hope seems to be that acts playing APE aren't necessarily ruled out by that, bringing Beck and LCD back into the picture. If, not Bastille it is :(

LCD seem to be gone by Latitude weekend. 

I think St Vincent is a good shout for a sub. 

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

With Metronomy tho its unlikely they'll half-arse a European festival run. There are that many festivals in July that I'd expect them to have been announced for a few if they were in the area for Latitude. They're not gonna headline the main stage anyway sadly but maybe one day.

Think I'll reinstate Lana Del Rey on my predictions. She didn't include any UK tour dates on her upcoming European tour so maybe that's so she doesn't soak up the demand here.

Also I've been thinking Nine Inch Nails - they'd be a massively left field choice but they're established and electronic enough to not be completely out of place, plus they've been announcing gigs in countries where they don't have festivals yet the UK has nothing.

British up and comers to round us off. Bastille I suppose.

Oh god please not Bastille :( Great band, just not someone I'd want for Latitude! I'd end up going to get food at that point :rofl:

14 minutes ago, Stooo said:

Some guesses:

Kate Tempest 

The Horrors

Black Honey

The Horrors won’t play again, they played last year. 

Not sure if Kate Tempest will be doing festivals, got to be the third year doing let them eat chaos, unless she has something new out by then

23 minutes ago, evannn said:

I had a dream last night, that this year is the brexit edition of latitude. The headliners were Morrissey, Queen and Adam lambert, and “not Sigur Ros” (unspecified who it actually was going to be, some hard working British band for real people I’d imagine)

Queen being at Latitude would actually be one of the biggest acts they would have ever had :rofl: Cmon though, Sigur Ros are who I've wanted to see for ages! REALLY HOPE their there!

Reckon we might get some cross over with the QOTSA day at Finsbury Park. I know Iggy Pop is a UK exclusive but reckon we could see The Hives and Deap Vally rocking up. Also have Royal Blood been considered for the Friday night 'step up' slot? Think they're pretty viable for it. I'm a bit indifferent to them mind, their second album seemed to be a carbon copy of the first.

4 hours ago, cdm22 said:

...or John Deacon their bassist who has always said he would not play again without Freddie Mercury. So that's half of the line up.

True but how many bands are there with only 1 original member left or maybe 2 but don’t attract any of the ‘its Only a tribute act’ hate that queen seem to get. Ok it’s not the same as ‘proper’ queen, but having seen them at IOW where they were fantastic, they would be a amazing headliner for latitude.

35 minutes ago, tomzsz said:

is there any possibility of n.e.r.d subbing the main or headlining 6 music or are they parklife exclusive 

I’d love it if they did. I think quite unlikely to headline the tent, even less likely to play mainstage. Latitude is slowly booking more hip hop, but I don’t think they’re quite there yet to book a hip hop subheadliner

19 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

How about Empire Of The Sun? Haven't returned to Latitude Festival since 2010, 'Two Vines' was released in 2016, and no dates planned after March. Seems very likely.

Probably means the tour is over. Also I don't think anybody really care about them these days.

36 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Probably means the tour is over. Also I don't think anybody really care about them these days.

I thought that was the case last year with Mumford & Sons. Even though they are GREAT, I didn't see much hype or interest. That may be the case with the acts this year too