Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

CHVRCHES are at NOS Alive on the Friday but seem to be one of the only major acts not shared with Mad Cool (so far). I don't know how many major acts there are left for Mad Cool, surely not many, so if they haven't been booked for that there must be a reason, which could be Latitude...

Looking at the Mad Cool line up, could Massive Attack be a contender? Maybe even Jack Johnson...

Edited by alexlloyd

Missed Latitude last year, absolutely gutted but Lineup just wasn't for me, not even slightly. 

I love Latitude but since 2014 in my opinion the quality of music has decreased massively. 

Went in 2014, 2016 and its by far the friendliest atmosphere in the country for me. 

Praying this year they get some top quality back. 

45 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't think it really matters. They're as big as Fleet Foxes, surely?

That's a good point. I like Chvrches so wouldn't mind them to headline any night. Tbh I think a lot of bookers and journalists overestimated how popular Fleet Foxes would be in 2017. Headlining Latitude and failing to sell-out 2 nights in Brixton while Mac DeMarco and FJM easily could and they were at EOTR, is embarrassing for both FF and Latitude

11 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

That's a good point. I like Chvrches so wouldn't mind them to headline any night. Tbh I think a lot of bookers and journalists overestimated how popular Fleet Foxes would be in 2017. Headlining Latitude and failing to sell-out 2 nights in Brixton while Mac DeMarco and FJM easily could and they were at EOTR, is embarrassing for both FF and Latitude

Aye I was sure they weren't big enough to headline last year. Was surprised when they were announced.

2 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I think this was in part latitude’s fault, putting them against a strong household name in Fatboy Slim. Especially on Sunday following mumfords, I imagine lots of the campervan brigade were either in the 6music or travelling down the A12 by that point. Was a bit embarrassing when I turned up to see FF halfway through and eased my way to the front where my pals were

3 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Aye I was sure they weren't big enough to headline last year. Was surprised when they were announced.

blew the budget on private backstage bathrooms for Country Winston & The Lads. I hear they insisted on one each, all with a bidet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, evannn said:

I think this was in part latitude’s fault, putting them against a strong household name in Fatboy Slim. Especially on Sunday following mumfords, I imagine lots of the campervan brigade were either in the 6music or travelling down the A12 by that point. Was a bit embarrassing when I turned up to see FF halfway through and eased my way to the front where my pals were

Well this is one campervaner who was at fleet foxes, and I quite enjoyed them despite them not really being on my radar before then. They were one of only 4 bands I saw during the weekend. 

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Well this is one campervaner who was at fleet foxes, and I quite enjoyed them despite them not really being on my radar before then. They were one of only 4 bands I saw during the weekend. 

They were good, weren’t they. Who/what else did you see, out of interest?