Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The 1975, Mumford and Sons and Fleet Foxes...

Mumford: arguably the biggest headliner the festival has ever had.

1975: One of Britain's biggest up and coming bands had their first ever shot at headlining a festival, at Latitude. 

Fleet Foxes: ok.

2/3 ain't bad.

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

Mumford: arguably the biggest headliner the festival has ever had.

1975: One of Britain's biggest up and coming bands had their first ever shot at headlining a festival, at Latitude. 

Fleet Foxes: ok.

2/3 ain't bad.

Who cares how big they are? They're shit. V Fest has big headliners, it's still shit.

55 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Who cares how big they are? They're shit. V Fest has big headliners, it's still shit.

"They're shit" is personal opinion... "Theyre a big headliner" isnt.

They also sold out the Saturday at Latitude, can't ask for much more than that.

8 minutes ago, Hawky said:

"They're shit" is personal opinion... "Theyre a big headliner" isnt.

They also sold out the Saturday at Latitude, can't ask for much more than that.

The post you replied to was saying Latitude used to be great but isn't anymore. I think it's pretty clear he was talking about the quality of the acts. And obviously it was a personal opinion.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The 1975, Mumford and Sons and Fleet Foxes...

If you don’t like those acts, fair enough. But complaining that these types of act are “ruining” latitude is ridiculous. 

Mumfords played in 2010 and countless other pop-folk acts have also played high up to no complaints since latitude’s inception. The 1975 played in 2013  , apparently without ruining it then, and dozens of similar acts have played high profile slots. 

Snow Patrol headlined the first festival with the flipping Zutons subbing them, bore off with the idea that the line-up used to have some unquantifiable calibre that went missing in 2016. It’s ok to like latitude, and it’s ok not to like the 1975 or Mumfords, and it’s ok to do both simultaneously. But the claim that these acts are a step down in quality over previous headliners or a new direction for the festival is nonsense

4 minutes ago, evannn said:

If you don’t like those acts, fair enough. But complaining that these types of act are “ruining” latitude is ridiculous. 

Mumfords played in 2010 and countless other pop-folk acts have also played high up to no complaints since latitude’s inception. The 1975 played in 2013  , apparently without ruining it then, and dozens of similar acts have played high profile slots. 

Snow Patrol headlined the first festival with the flipping Zutons subbing them, bore off with the idea that the line-up used to have some unquantifiable calibre that went missing in 2016. It’s ok to like latitude, and it’s ok not to like the 1975 or Mumfords, and it’s ok to do both simultaneously. But the claim that these acts are a step down in quality over previous headliners or a new direction for the festival is nonsense

Christ, calm down. It was just a naff headline trio compared to what Latitude had been putting out in previous years. And again, it was clearly just the guy's opinion (and obviously mine too).

"But the claim that these acts are a step down in quality over previous headliners [...] is nonsense". How can that be nonsense when it's an opinion of someone?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Christ, calm down. It was just a naff headline trio compared to what Latitude had been putting out in previous years. And again, it was clearly just the guy's opinion (and obviously mine too).

"But the claim that these acts are a step down in quality over previous headliners [...] is nonsense". How can that be nonsense when it's an opinion of someone?

Opinions can make no sense

35 minutes ago, evannn said:

Triggered

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You think it's nonsense for someone to think a trio of musical acts is a step down from some previous trios of musical acts? Pretty sure the majority opinion in this thread was that that was the case anyway.

I’m saying that it’s nonsense to claim that these acts are worse bookings than when they (and very similar bands) were booked previously. Latitude has always had some duff headliners, if you didn’t like these ones that’s unfortunate but it’s not like there was no musical precedent

2 minutes ago, evannn said:

I’m saying that it’s nonsense to claim that these acts are worse bookings than when they (and very similar bands) were booked previously. Latitude has always had some duff headliners, if you didn’t like these ones that’s unfortunate but it’s not like there was no musical precedent

Was just about to say this lol. I thought Latitude was shit now because for the first time there was a poor line up away from the headliners as well, and more importantly cos they closed all the stages down for Mumford & Sons.

Besides, @GETOFFAMYLAWN is gonna be a 1975 fan by the end of this year so @guccibags007 will be not far behind either. 

WOAH! What went on when I gone?! :rofl::rofl: The 1975, Mumford & Sons & Fleet Foxes being at Latitude Festival 2017 made me so jealous that I wasn't there (even though I've seen The 1975 in 2016, Cardiff (Yeah, I travel from South Wales to get to Latitude)) They were very worthy on headlining the festival. PLEASE, if you didn't like what you saw, then too bad, not everything works out the way we want it to. Besides, 2018 Latitude is around the corner, HYPE!

Anyone else thinking The xx, despite them playing at Bilbao BBK Live 2018 in Spain (Unconfirmed on what day split)  and the 15th of July (Sunday)  in Gräfenhainichen, Germany Melt! Festival 2018 might be at Latitude? VERY slim chance, but would it seem possible?

Edited by WMWMOfficial

15 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Anyone else thinking The xx, despite them playing at Bilbao BBK Live 2018 in Spain (Unconfirmed on what day split)  and the 15th of July (Sunday)  in Gräfenhainichen, Germany Melt! Festival 2018 might be at Latitude? VERY slim chance, but would it seem possible?

cant be that difficult surely....

i think they would be a good fit..

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They’re headlining All Points East in May so I don’t see them popping up elsewhere - least not Live Nation festies.

fair point....

ive always thought that Hot Chip would be great for Latitude but i suppose they need to be working together and getting a new album on the go..?

3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

fair point....

ive always thought that Hot Chip would be great for Latitude but i suppose they need to be working together and getting a new album on the go..?

Didn’t they recently post that they were back in the studio or a pic of them in the studio? I may be imaging this...

Has there been any hints on a lineup announcement date? Apologies if this has been covered excessively, I’m just curious of lineups as given no Glastonbury this year I’m itching to get another festival booked.

3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

fair point....

They played in 2013 (or whatever year) before kraftwerk, they were great. 

Think Joe and Alexis are doing their own things again this year so we might get the latter

Edited by evannn
It’s 2018 now

13 minutes ago, evannn said:

They played in 2013 (or whatever year) before kraftwerk, they were great. 

Think Joe and Alexis are doing their own things again this year so we might get the latter

they were indeed great..! as they have been every other time i have seen them..

i was thinking they should headline... Latitude have a good history of promoting through the ranks.

2 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Didn’t they recently post that they were back in the studio or a pic of them in the studio? I may be imaging this...

Has there been any hints on a lineup announcement date? Apologies if this has been covered excessively, I’m just curious of lineups as given no Glastonbury this year I’m itching to get another festival booked.

I don't recall any hints about the lineup. I haven't been before and don't know when the announcementsusually are. Hopefully a regular can let us know.

I'd like some news to get excited about.

8 hours ago, Miesh said:

I don't recall any hints about the lineup. I haven't been before and don't know when the announcementsusually are. Hopefully a regular can let us know.

I'd like some news to get excited about.

The announcement usually comes at the beginning of March so a bit of a wait yet!