Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

3 hours ago, rseamer said:

Edit: Forgot to say that yay for 2 of the best Oz bands out there playing. Gang of Youths produced one of the finest albums of last year (Go Farther In Lightness) which hasn't had that much profile in the UK even although in their homeland it was an award winner / no.1 and Confidence Man for stupid dance moves and cartoon pop silliness. Both very different but both very good.

Thanks for this I'll give Gang of Youths a listen.

Obelisk:

Fri: Solange, Wolf Alice, The Charlatans, Sleeper. Gang of Youths

Sat: The Killers, The Vaccines, Jessie Ware, Parquet Courts, La Femme, Black Honey

Sun: Alt-J, Rag n Bone Man, Benjamin Clementine, Fickle Friends, Juanita Stein

BBC:

Fri: James, Tune-yards, Jacob Banks, Hinds

Sat: Mogwai, The Breeders, Bomba Estero, And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead

Sun: Jon Hopkins, Alvvays, Ibeyi, Idles,  Superorganism

Are tickets only available from TicketMaster at the moment?

Skiddle, Eventim and Gigantic don't have them available yet.  I know Ticketmaster are related to Latitude and I know they sent the tickets out so late last year some people didn't get them in time, so no way would I buy through them.  I bought through Eventim last year and was pleased with their service.  They are also giving the highest Quidco rate at the moment.

Liking the look of the lineup btw!

58 minutes ago, curlyjake said:

Obelisk:

Sat: The Killers, The Vaccines, Jessie Ware, Parquet Courts, La Femme, Black Honey

BBC:

Sat: Mogwai, The Breeders, Bomba Estero, And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead

There anything behind this or just a prediction?

Anyone else excited to see the Breeders? Seen Kim Deal play with Pixies back in the day but never got to see Breeders themselves. Latitude does have a habit of drip feeding indie rock royalty into the mix on a regular basis- JJ Cale, the brothers Reid, Thurston Moore etc etc, hats off to them for that.

13 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Anyone else excited to see the Breeders? Seen Kim Deal play with Pixies back in the day but never got to see Breeders themselves. Latitude does have a habit of drip feeding indie rock royalty into the mix on a regular basis- JJ Cale, the brothers Reid, Thurston Moore etc etc, hats off to them for that.

They're great, saw them in 2013 I think. Catch them if you can. 

2 hours ago, curlyjake said:

Obelisk:

BBC:

Is this a definite? Daughter can't come until early Friday evening because of school and she'll be cheesed off to miss Gang of Youths.

Tell you what, with what I have listened to of the artists I haven't got a clue about, and with loads more music for the stages to come, I am a big fan of this line-up! Well worth it! Love Naaz and Fazerdaze too. Can't wait to see them both!

Plus, I seen Benjamin Clementine live in Bristol not so long ago. He is brilliant live! Just hoping for Nick Mulvey - or someone similar in his style - to show up now and it'll be a lovely line-up! Especially happy about alt-J being there; NEED to get down the front for them!

Edited by WMWMOfficial

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Something odd but just noticed after looking at the poster again; The Killers seem to be situated above alt-j and Solange on every poster, bill, etc. Is this a thing that's gonna happen now? So petty.

Yeah I noticed that too. Seems to be part of a deliberate marketing strategy on the part of FR to push one 'massive' Saturday headliner. If you notice the news this year has been all "Killers to headline Latitude" rather than previous years "this years Latitude headliners are...." so I guess it's working for them in that sense

A little bit disappointed with the line up so far... OK The Killers are (were) good, lots of anthems to sing along to, and I liked The Vaccines' first album, but nothing else excites me. Had a quick listen to Wolf Alice, Mogwai, Alt-J... not really my thing. I booked Lat as a Glasto replacement so I'm hoping that the comedy/theatre/other areas are worth going for, otherwise it's quite expensive! 

Out of the 3 festivals booked this year, this was by far the most expensive, and the least appealing. I'm not saying the line up isn't good, it's just not to my preference. I guess there will be more announcements to come? Hoping for maybe Sigrid, Rae Morris (although I'm seeing her elsewhere), and maybe something like Chic...

7 minutes ago, FestivalNewbie7 said:

A little bit disappointed with the line up so far... OK The Killers are (were) good, lots of anthems to sing along to, and I liked The Vaccines' first album, but nothing else excites me. Had a quick listen to Wolf Alice, Mogwai, Alt-J... not really my thing. I booked Lat as a Glasto replacement so I'm hoping that the comedy/theatre/other areas are worth going for, otherwise it's quite expensive! 

Out of the 3 festivals booked this year, this was by far the most expensive, and the least appealing. I'm not saying the line up isn't good, it's just not to my preference. I guess there will be more announcements to come? Hoping for maybe Sigrid, Rae Morris (although I'm seeing her elsewhere), and maybe something like Chic...

Yeah there is plenty more to come yet, looking at another 7 or so acts on the main stage and over 10 more acts for the BBC stage. Not to mention the Sunrise and Lake Stage which both have barely any acts on at the moment. Its been confirmed that there will be a special guest again this year and I've got a feeling its going to be Chic W/ Nile Rogers as they will be around. You'll have a great time regardless, there is loads to discover even if there aren't many names pulling you in at the moment.