Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

3 minutes ago, Hawky said:

No worries.

I've been in 16/17 so if you have any qs feel free to ask and I'll try to answer.

Although I not been to 17, I have been to 16; but goddamn was I upset when I found Mumford & Sons plus Fatboy Slim were there :(

Hope there's another DJ this time too :rofl:

Edited by WMWMOfficial

Just now, WMWMOfficial said:

Although I not been to 17, I have been to 16, but goddamn was I upset when I found Mumford & Sons plus Fatboy Slim were there :(

I really don't like M&S, I read some stories about them and they came off incredibly egotistical and pompous. I do however like their stuff with Baba maal, so I looked at the setlist before hand and timed my approach to coordinate with Baba maal coming on stage.

Crazy booking if you think about it though, theyve headlined Glastonbury and RnL, so I can see why Melvin jumped at the chance to have have GOTR inspired day :lol: Sold out too so it obviously worked. 

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Is the usual announcement one or all of the headliners and could like Smashing Pumpkins play. I got the impression they are not right for RandL but could they do Latitude? Part of their comeback?

Majority of line-up announced tomorrow by the looks of it.

'RE Smashing Pumpkins, they're more likely for this than RnL however I'm not expecting them to be announced tomorrow; no indication they're active in the summer.

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

Majority of line-up announced tomorrow by the looks of it.

'RE Smashing Pumpkins, they're more likely for this than RnL however I'm not expecting them to be announced tomorrow; no indication they're active in the summer.

Smashing Pumpkins, Snow Patrol and somebody else would buy my ticket like...

8 minutes ago, Hawky said:

1) look at previous lineups. (Specifically 15/16/17)

2) not a clue. 

Number 2 is what I'm finding funny. I'm used to festivals with rumours pre build up. Or a least x,y,z are always on.

I heard M&S on the radio earlier and thought at least they won't be playing thankfully.

3 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I've just realised NOS, Mad Cool and Super Rock are all 1 week later this year, rendering my "no act has played NOS/ Mad Cool and latitude in one weekend" comment mute. 

I'll do another rumour roundup thingy later tonight.

I think with the amount of excitement I have atm, I'll be up all night! :rofl: College tomorrow, but just might call in sick to be excited elsewhere (I wish)

Edited by WMWMOfficial

2 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

I think with the amount of excitement I have atm, I'll be up all night! :rofl: College tomorrow, but just might call in sick to be excited elsewhere (I wish)

11:57 I leave my desk at work and head to the toilet. 

11:59 I shut the cubicle door, sit down and load Twitter. 

12:10 I return to my desk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I've just realised NOS, Mad Cool and Super Rock are all 1 week later this year, rendering my "no act has played NOS/ Mad Cool and latitude in one weekend" comment mute. 

I'll do another rumour roundup thingy later tonight.

NOS Alive and Mad Cool are still on the same weekend as Latitude 

Just now, Hawky said:

11:57 I leave my desk at work and head to the toilet. 

11:59 I shut the cubicle door, sit down and load Twitter. 

12:10 I return to my desk

7:00: I wait

8:00: I wait

9:00: I wait

10:00: I wait

11:00: I wait

11:59: *Excitement intensifies*

12:00: Decide whether to cry or celebrate the line-up for the rest of the day :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I didn't say there weren't.... but last year they were the weekend before 

Well there's a pretty easy explanation as to why no acts have played all three festivals in one weekend in that case then 

Edited by the wonderwhy

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Well there's a pretty easy explanation as to why no acts have played all three festivals in one weekend in that case then 

The point still stands, all be it the festivals were a week before, no band has ever played NOS Mad Cool and Latitude. 

It just loses legs after you learn mad and nos didn't used to be on the same weekend as lat :lol: