Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

7 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

@Hawky Not convinced that Snow Patrol wont be at Latitude. They're in Spain/Portugal on the 12th (Thursday) and 13th (Friday) at NOS and Mad Cool respectively, gives them plenty of time to get back and play the Sunday. Would be a bit of a boring choice mind and are they actually big enough to headline anymore?

Really hoping we get Jack White as one of the headliners.

Obviously I can't categorically rule them out, as I don't know, but there must be a reason why there isn't much crossover between these festivals and latitude esp when there are a lot of acts that fits both demographics. 

Personally, I'd put Snow Patrol on the v. Unlikely pile.

Edited by Hawky

18 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Obviously I can't categorically rule them out, as I don't know, but there must be a reason why there isn't much crossover between these festivals and latitude esp when there are a lot of acts that fits both demographics. 

Personally, I'd put Snow Patrol on the v. Unlikely pile.

Yeah I guess that logic makes sense which is a shame cause there are lots of acts playing both of those that would fit nicely at Latitude.

51 minutes ago, Hawky said:

2Thoughts on Jack White now he's announced 2 shows at Hammersmith Apollo? 

Interesting there's no mention of "only UK dates of 2018" ... or "Only England shows..." 

Last couple of times he's toured he's played the Hammersmith Apollo and then come back later in the year to do more dates. Would imagine he'll come back in the Autumn/Winter for a tour taking in a few more locations. Don't think he'll do Latitude, even though I threw him in as a contender recently.

Snow Patrol would be awful but after last year I wouldn't be surprised after last year.

Can currently see 3 of Catfish, CHVRCHES, Snow Patrol, Florence and the Machine, Paloma Faith.

On 16/01/2018 at 5:35 PM, Hawky said:

2Thoughts on Jack White now he's announced 2 shows at Hammersmith Apollo? 

Interesting there's no mention of "only UK dates of 2018" ... or "Only England shows..." 

I think that's most likely because he'll be back at the end of year (as @dentalplan suggested in another thread somewhere) 

If you look at alt-J and their dates, they are in Belgium on the 14th of July, and that is a 6 hour and 17 minute drive away from Latitude Festival, so that could VERY likely mean alt-J headline the last day (the 15th of July)

3 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

If you look at alt-J and their dates, they are in Belgium on the 14th of July, and that is a 6 hour and 17 minute drive away from Latitude Festival, so that could VERY likely mean alt-J headline the last day (the 15th of July)

I doubt it, they headlined not too long ago (2015 I think) so cant see them being back again so soon.

2 hours ago, suttttttt said:

I doubt it, they headlined not too long ago (2015 I think) so cant see them being back again so soon.

Ok, but to point out, they did attend in 2013, the year after their first album, then in 2015, the year after their second album. MAYBE, just maybe, their third album RELAXER (2017) will turn out to have the same results. Plus, I am holding onto all hope they will be there! If not alt-J then I god hope Sigur Ros or Django Django!

3 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Ok, but to point out, they did attend in 2013, the year after their first album, then in 2015, the year after their second album. MAYBE, just maybe, their third album RELAXER (2017) will turn out to have the same results. Plus, I am holding onto all hope they will be there! If not alt-J then I god hope Sigur Ros or Django Django!

You make a good point but Latitude have only ever had one repeat headliner. There is a slim chance I guess but I don't see it.

5 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

You make a good point but Latitude have only ever had one repeat headliner. There is a slim chance I guess but I don't see it.

UGGGH! Whhhhhyyyyyy lifeeee?!?! -_- The only other evidence I have is that survey they sent on Twitter asking people to review the 2017 Latitude Festival and when it came to picking out an act you'd like to see in 2018, they had alt-J as an option. I CAN STILL DREAM! xD

Edited by WMWMOfficial

I have given up guessing, only leads to disappointment as all the other festivals start announcing and you realise the acts you had pinned your hopes on can't possibly fit Latitude in. Just have to wait for the beginning of March to come around and hope that Latitude does something left-field like having a band headline who have no new material and letting them curate/spoil (delete as you see fit) a day's line up!

• Like 1