Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

45 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Well looks like Jack White is over end of June/start of July so I'd say he's in the running for this 

Yeah just came here to say it seems more likely than APE now.

Currently thinking 3 from Catfish, Florence, Jack White and CHVRCHES. Every time I say this half of them get ruled out within a week, though.

Guess it will probably end up being BearFur. 

Friday

Main

Blossoms

Friendly Fires 

Japandroids

6music

Nils Frahm

Perfume Genius

Echosmith

Sunrise

Gold Panda

Saturday 

main

Radiohead (Or AF)

Jack Johnson (or London Grammar)

The Kooks 

6music

Odesza

Gramatik

LIV

Sunrise

Nines 

Sunday 

Main

Jack White

David Byrne 

Portugal. The Man 

6music

MGMT 

The Breeders

Fickle Friends

Sunrise

Parcels

33 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Friday

Main

Blossoms

Friendly Fires 

Japandroids

6music

Nils Frahm

Perfume Genius

Echosmith

Sunrise

Gold Panda

Saturday 

main

Radiohead (Or AF)

Jack Johnson (or London Grammar)

The Kooks 

6music

Odesza

Gramatik

LIV

Sunrise

Nines 

Sunday 

Main

Jack White

David Byrne 

Portugal. The Man 

6music

MGMT 

The Breeders

Fickle Friends

Sunrise

Parcels

No

1 minute ago, evannn said:

Is it a prediction or a wish list? 

imo Blossoms, Nils Frahm, Gold Panda, Radiohead (or arcade fire), Nines, and Odesza are unlikely to play in those slots if at all

Mixture. 

Considering at this stage last year, FF and M&S hadn't released any European shows we didn't have a clue they were going to turn up. So this is kinda of a "what's out there atm" line-up crossed with a few artists that match 2017 slots such as Nines/ Dave (admittedly i don't know much about nines other that he's popular atm), LIV/ BOF.

Where do you think Odesza/ Gold Panda / Nils Frahm would play?

Admittedly Gold Panda is big for Sunrise, but it'd be a cracking set.

Radiohead is more wishlist, however they are active in 2018, where else in the UK would they play? BST? 

Considering the bump Melvin gave Blossoms at Leeds last year, and with them having album 2 out by the summer, I don't see why they're that different from previous Friday headliners. 

9 hours ago, Hawky said:

Mixture. 

Considering at this stage last year, FF and M&S hadn't released any European shows we didn't have a clue they were going to turn up. So this is kinda of a "what's out there atm" line-up crossed with a few artists that match 2017 slots such as Nines/ Dave (admittedly i don't know much about nines other that he's popular atm), LIV/ BOF.

Where do you think Odesza/ Gold Panda / Nils Frahm would play?

Admittedly Gold Panda is big for Sunrise, but it'd be a cracking set.

Radiohead is more wishlist, however they are active in 2018, where else in the UK would they play? BST? 

Considering the bump Melvin gave Blossoms at Leeds last year, and with them having album 2 out by the summer, I don't see why they're that different from previous Friday headliners. 

Ok, I didn’t realise Blossoms were to have an album out by the summer, they could be given a bump up.

Nils Frahm has played lunchtime slots on the sunrise recently, once under the Lambert pseudonym. Gold Panda actually played late night sunrise two years ago (on the same album cycle) which is why I wouldn’t think he’ll play this year.

Nines I think is a bit too “aggressive” hip-hop for a latitude main stage, but I’ve only listened to his album a couple of times. Previously when latitude have had main stage rappers they’ve been what people like to call “conscious” rap whereas the likes of AJ Tracey was on in the film and music.

I’d love it if Radiohead were booked but I just don’t see it happening. Not sure they need to play a uk festival unless they want to

10 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Catfish have just announced outdoor shows in Newcastle and Cardiff. Not sure where that leaves them 

They're at either end of the summer though, end of May and middle of July if i'm not mistaken.

Certainly puts them in the frame for an active summer.

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yup, but I was more on about whether having their own shows rules them out or not 

To be honest, in Newcastle and Cardiff, they couldn't be further away from Latitude!! So I wouldn't imagine it would stop them playing, but may impact whether they'd headline...

But as we've discussed, the obvious options for this festival are dwindling!

1 hour ago, chemica said:

To be honest, in Newcastle and Cardiff, they couldn't be further away from Latitude!! So I wouldn't imagine it would stop them playing, but may impact whether they'd headline...

Do you think they maybe looking at the likes of Springsteen , Neil Young or Bob ?

Edited by ivan

4 hours ago, chemica said:

Yeah you're quite right. They could get away with claiming a festival exclusive as well. 

However much I dislike Catfish & the Bottlemen, and the festival in Newcastle they're headlining hardly looks set to be on par with Latitude, if Latitude books Everything Everything, I will put up with C&TB.

That being said, I am firmly in the CHVRCHES camp and would love them to headline on Friday

Edited by finn_with_1_n
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The same Fleetwood Mac who say Glastonbury don’t pay enough?

I dont believe Fleetwood MAc Would play the 'tude either. BUT........arnt Glastonbury widely known for being the artists who play a much lower rate? As its mostly for 'charity' and not profit, dont they do this? Dont they also do this with the promise of massive media exposure for artists playing?

Im SURE i read that somewhere.....once.......course, I now am an old man with a young baby who doesnt sleep....