Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Ewwwwwww. 

I think Aurora would be higher up than that, but that's being fairly picky 

There'd be an act on before but you're probably right anyway.

5 minutes ago, retromoz said:

GET PALOMA FAITH OFF THAT POSTER!!!!! She is an abomination of a singer. 

I'm swapping her with Aurora on wonderwhy's behest.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, AThirteen said:

The Killers?

Announced 2 stadium shows on random dates in June/July.

June one in Swansea the weekend of IOW Festival, the Bolton one on weekend of Latitude...

Not impossible, but unlikely for me.

I certainly could see them doing longitude, as I haven’t heard about an Ireland date on the current tour. But not sure about Bolton and both  -itudes in the space of three days 

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Isn't David Byrne that guy who sat in a glass box suspended over London for a month in like 2003? Don't know why he'd sub.

You’re thinking of David Blaine. 

David Byrne is that bloke who used to play in midfield for Man U and England, was really good at free kicks.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Still think she's too big a deal/has better option. 

Revamped V could do worse than having her and Kendrick- why waste her on Latitude? 

Arguably same (but not with V) for Arcade Fire and The Cure tho, plus I’d say V could get much bigger and more appropriate names in her place. Plus she’s definitely in Europe at the time which isn’t the same deal for those two. It’s a good suggestion.

She's in the same tier of headliners as Mumfords, and a lot more suitable for Latitude than they were. Also I reckon 'the new V' will need someone much bigger than Flo to be paired with Kendrick if they've got him - particularly for the first year, they may as well not bother relaunching if they're just going to book an arguably smaller pair of headliners than they've had over the last few years.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

She's in the same tier of headliners as Mumfords, and a lot more suitable for Latitude than they were. Also I reckon 'the new V' will need someone much bigger than Flo to be paired with Kendrick if they've got him - particularly for the first year, they may as well not bother relaunching if they're just going to book an arguably smaller pair of headliners than they've had over the last few years.

They've gone to three days so it could easily be Flo, Kendrick and another biggie like Drake (dunno if they'd have two hip-hop headliners - guess they've also got Wireless to think of). I think V's desperation to get people in may have a large influence on where FR book their acts.

Something like this maybe:

Latitude: Catfish, The Cure, Massive Attack

R&L: Royal Blood, Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire

V: Flo, Drake, Kendrick

Wireless: Stormzy, J-Cole, A$AP Rocky

Also acts like Kanye or Calvin Harris who could easily take headline slots at the latter two.

Trying to think of a big pop act who could do V over Drake but I'm struggling. Swifty's ruled out; Sheeran has a billion stadium dates; Beyoncé maybe if she does any shows on top of Coachella? Eminem did late Summer here this year so probably won't again next year.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They've gone to three days so it could easily be Flo, Kendrick and another biggie like Drake (dunno if they'd have two hip-hop headliners - guess they've also got Wireless to think of). I think V's desperation to get people in may have a large influence on where FR book their acts.

But as Zac says, there are gonna be plenty bigger and more appropriate acts for V than Florence and the Machine, whereas she suits Latitude down to a T and she's around and also she's only doing very few European dates on account of her not having the album out yet so hardly going to be enough of a big gun to rescue V Festival. Also they've not definitely gone to three days.

40 minutes ago, evannn said:

Chvrches surely a strong contender now. Supporting the killers at Trnsmt, and they’ve as good as confirmed LP3 will be out by then

Maybe. Would look better on the festival as a new blood British headliner than Catfish and the Bottlemen (who don't have dates yet) but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

But as Zac says, there are gonna be plenty bigger and more appropriate acts for V than Florence and the Machine, whereas she suits Latitude down to a T and she's around and also she's only doing very few European dates on account of her not having the album out yet so hardly going to be enough of a big gun to rescue V Festival. Also they've not definitely gone to three days.

Maybe. Would look better on the festival as a new blood British headliner than Catfish and the Bottlemen (who don't have dates yet) but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah maybe. Was linking it in with my point about not really being able to think of many likely candidates for V at this stage. Of course if they can bag 3 bigger headliners than her then yeah, fair enough.

Fair on the three day thing; I thought he'd confirmed it was going to three days but I've just looked at the article and he only says it's likely.

3 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Latitude: Catfish, The Cure, Massive Attack

R&L: Royal Blood, Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire

V: Flo, Drake, Kendrick

Wireless: Stormzy, J-Cole, A$AP Rocky

Yeah I think it'll end up looking like this, though I imagine Massive Attack will end up at APE and the Paloma Faith shout will come through here.