Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

So after the APE announcement leaving Latitude's headline options looking pretty thin on the ground, there's now Catfish/Gorillaz/The Cure/Arcade Fire/Massive Attack all looking entirely plausible. Maybe even Flo if she opts to do something more low-key before her album is out.

Of course, at best we'd likely just get Catfish and 2 of the rest but they're all good options for Latitude.

Chvrches or Wolf Alice also potentials for the Friday night uk indie band bump up slot, and more palatable than Catfish et al (imo, anyway). 

10 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

And yet I don't think I've ever heard anyone say something like "wow I love elbow, they're my favourite band " or anything.

...Elbow are my favourite band.  All seven albums are sublime and incredibly important to me. In my opinion Guy is the greatest lyricist, most consistent, of my musical listening life.  I had a little cry when they played Latitude 2008, and that year hit the big time, with a huge crowd singing along to the band I'd loved for years.  Seen them 13 times and every time is like a huge joyous hug.   They have a very large loyal following, who would stand in a field and listen to Guy belt out the phone book.    But that's my opinion, each to their own and all that, some people insist they enjoy Ed Sheeran. 

Wouldn't be fussed either way if they did headline, I'll be getting my 2018 fix of them in March, but would be a good send off on the Sunday.   

ps. Talking of joy...after seeing Gorillaz last night, that incredible show needs to come to Latitude in the summer!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I was talking about this with a friend earlier. Elbow seem big on paper; they often subline or even headline festivals, they play big arena shows, etc. And yet I don't think I've ever heard anyone say something like "wow I love elbow, they're my favourite band " or anything.

is it just part of a great conspiracy?

This is genuinely one of the worst posts I've seen on this site. I'm not even that big a fan of Elbow but f**king hell. How ignorant are some folk?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

On 02/12/2017 at 9:46 AM, funky squaredance said:

...Elbow are my favourite band.  All seven albums are sublime and incredibly important to me. In my opinion Guy is the greatest lyricist, most consistent, of my musical listening life.  I had a little cry when they played Latitude 2008, and that year hit the big time, with a huge crowd singing along to the band I'd loved for years.  Seen them 13 times and every time is like a huge joyous hug.   They have a very large loyal following, who would stand in a field and listen to Guy belt out the phone book.    But that's my opinion, each to their own and all that, some people insist they enjoy Ed Sheeran. 

Another fan here. And, after watching them toil on the 'toilet' circuit for years, I am made up that they have success. A good band with good people getting good rewards.

Good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

did another poster for the hell of it. have a look and imagine your thoughts as if it were real but also remember it is not.

latitude.thumb.png.4d8a22d38a8f2dac2e73d2153ab0bb23.png

Some placings I'd dispute but mostly looks okay. Main thing I'd say is The Pogues don't look to be active in the foreseeable future, if ever. Highly doubt they'd make an appearance.

Wouldn't be buying a ticket if it was real though. Bit underwhelming for me.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Some placings I'd dispute but mostly looks okay. Main thing I'd say is The Pogues don't look to be active in the foreseeable future, if ever. Highly doubt they'd make an appearance.

Wouldn't be buying a ticket if it was real though. Bit underwhelming for me.

Oh damn I didn't realise they'd stopped touring. That's a bad cock-up. Ah well.