Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Reckon Catfish will do it. Gorillaz will be here or BST. CHVRCHES if they've got an album out by then. Tame Impala same as CHVRCHES. Liam Gallagher maybe? Morrissey? Arcade Fire if they're back again in the Summer.

Agreed on Catfish. Personally think Florence is a shoe in too. Arcade Fire I would guess would do one of the AEG events rather than this imo. Liam I doubt would take a gig like this either surely (especially with him doing As You Were anyway)

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Agreed on Catfish. Personally think Florence is a shoe in too. Arcade Fire I would guess would do one of the AEG events rather than this imo. Liam I doubt would take a gig like this either surely (especially with him doing As You Were anyway)

Hadn't thought of Florence. Reckon she'll do IOW/V/R&L instead tho. She should have options bigger than Latitude.

Has A.P.E. fucked Latitude? Its been going a little downhill for a couple of years, but is this the beginnings of the final nail in the coffin? Unless Bjork/XX/LCD/YYY/Beck etc are either not exclusives or 'london only' exclusives, they will not be at  Latitude. And, IMO, they are the types of acts hat SHOULD be at the 'tude.....

Sad times....ESPECIALLY as i wont go to A.P.E., seen as its run by the shitbags that are A.E.G....

50 minutes ago, retromoz said:

Has A.P.E. fucked Latitude? Its been going a little downhill for a couple of years, but is this the beginnings of the final nail in the coffin? 

Don't think so.

I've never been to Latitude, but from what i hear it does very well in getting the locals in. Even my Suffolk-living 70 year cousin was raving about it last time i saw him.

Plus, APE is *VERY* expensive on a comparison basis, after paying for hotels.

Latitude will be fine, i'm sure.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, retromoz said:

Has A.P.E. fucked Latitude? Its been going a little downhill for a couple of years, but is this the beginnings of the final nail in the coffin? Unless Bjork/XX/LCD/YYY/Beck etc are either not exclusives or 'london only' exclusives, they will not be at  Latitude. And, IMO, they are the types of acts hat SHOULD be at the 'tude.....

Sad times....ESPECIALLY as i wont go to A.P.E., seen as its run by the shitbags that are A.E.G....

I thought it was goldenvoice behind APE, same people as coachella?

It might make it harder to get certain bands (esp of they link it in with coachella slots) but i think latitude has enough to it without big bands to be ok

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I thought it was goldenvoice behind APE, same people as coachella?

It might make it harder to get certain bands (esp of they link it in with coachella slots) but i think latitude has enough to it without big bands to be ok

Goldenvoice is an arm of AEG Live.

I think it's gonna affect Latitude in it not being able to be the major indie/alternative festival that people used to like it being but I guess you guys are right that Latitude is enough of a name now to appeal to a certain crowd regardless of the line up. I think the way it is thought of on places like this and music forums will change but should do well enough.

Pure families at Latitude innit, nobody's packing up the Range Rover with posh boxes of wine to drive down to APE; no Pink Moon and nowhere for little Maisy and Ollie to run around while Mummy and Daddy get hammered and smugly laugh along with socially liberal TV comedians whilst still thinking they pay far too much bloody tax.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

So apparently Live Nation are doing ELO's tour, could they potentially be a headliner and then they have a couple of smaller people e.g. Catfish to headline the other days?

ELO won't do Latitude. Probs BST.

Edit: Shit BST isn't Live Nation. Still won't do Latitude.

Edited by Will-2609

• 2 weeks later...

Latitude just shared their recommendations for releases on Record Store Day and selected Gorillaz as one of six. Seems a bit strange to promote it if they aren't playing next year to me

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/record-store-days-autumnal-cousin-new-releases

On 21/11/2017 at 6:20 PM, finn_with_1_n said:

Latitude just shared their recommendations for releases on Record Store Day and selected Gorillaz as one of six. Seems a bit strange to promote it if they aren't playing next year to me

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/record-store-days-autumnal-cousin-new-releases

While I think Gorillaz are likely, I don’t think this adds any weight to it. As they say, Damon has headlined twice with two other projects (and the most recent time he played a few Gorillaz covers)

So after the APE announcement leaving Latitude's headline options looking pretty thin on the ground, there's now Catfish/Gorillaz/The Cure/Arcade Fire/Massive Attack all looking entirely plausible. Maybe even Flo if she opts to do something more low-key before her album is out.

Of course, at best we'd likely just get Catfish and 2 of the rest but they're all good options for Latitude.

28 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

So after the APE announcement leaving Latitude's headline options looking pretty thin on the ground, there's now Catfish/Gorillaz/The Cure/Arcade Fire/Massive Attack all looking entirely plausible. Maybe even Flo if she opts to do something more low-key before her album is out.

Of course, at best we'd likely just get Catfish and 2 of the rest but they're all good options for Latitude.

Bet they go and book Snow Patrol