Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

On 20/09/2017 at 4:43 PM, dentalplan said:

I think at the beginning of the tour someone said they weren't doing festivals and that's how it seems to have gone so far, so it might be unlikely unless the show changes for next year.

This was the answer I got when I asked about Nick Cave, so apparently it's a bit of a no goer.

Just now, DomDom1984 said:

This was the answer I got when I asked about Nick Cave, so apparently it's a bit of a no goer.

I suspect you might be taking the mick but just in case, his Dublin show announcement today says he's doing festivals next summer. So I'm wrong and it's another day on eFestivals. :P

As said in that post tho, the set will probably have to change a bit. I'm not sure the intimate show full of respectful fans that we saw in the arenas can be transplanted to a festival of non-fans and waltzer music.

All of the acts so far on the All Points East line up seem very Latitude. I think they would benefit hugely by making at least some announcements before the start of March like they usually do otherwise people will be spending their money elsewhere for sure this year.

Cant see The National doing it again so soon but Future Islands and The War on Drugs would be great. Really hope Latitude picks them up.

Edited by suttttttt

55 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

All of the acts so far on the All Points East line up seem very Latitude. I think they would benefit hugely by making at least some announcements before the start of March like they usually do otherwise people will be spending their money elsewhere for sure this year.

Cant see The National doing it again so soon but Future Islands and The War on Drugs would be great. Really hope Latitude picks them up.

I’m wondering if the reason for the three “APE Presents” gigs, as opposed to a two weekend festival, are because one or more of the acts are booked as a festival exclusive somewhere. 

Could see TWOD or Future Islands subbing Latitude, also hoping for Lykke Li, now that she’s touring again

7 minutes ago, johnl said:

Can’t see any of those acts doing Latitude at all. Latitude is FR and the other is AEG. Gorillaz announced for a Polish festival in July. I would think there’s every chance they will be at Latitude.

Surely it doesn't make much of a difference? FR could book acts that are playing at AEG events and vice versa unless there is an exclusivity deal which there doesn't seem to be here.

Gorillaz is a good shout though, very viable option!

3 hours ago, johnl said:

Can’t see any of those acts doing Latitude at all. Latitude is FR and the other is AEG. Gorillaz announced for a Polish festival in July. I would think there’s every chance they will be at Latitude.

Yeah I expect Gorillaz every year, Albarn loves it.