Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

Christine & The Queens was some of the most style-over-substance kitschy shit I've ever seen. Felt furious at the boobs who overhyped her on the Glastonbury board that year and ended up moving me to leave the transcendent brilliance of Anna Meredith early to be powerfully underwhelmed in a packed out tent. Did manage to get out early and a good spot for Father John Misty playing songs from his good album on main tho; now there's a man who knows (knew? idk I've not seen him on the Pure Comedy tour) how to work a stage.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, tillyandthewall said:

It would go down like a lead balloon here, but Paloma Faith has announced an arena tour.  She subbed in 2011 and is big enough to headline.  If you liked Mumfords you'll love this...

jfc please no. I want to believe she's on the decline but according to wiki her last album campaign was her most successful yet :sorry:

37 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Don't see Paloma Faith headlining any fest tbh, she might sell a lot of album, but I bet they're all bought in Tesco by suburban mams with 0 interest in any festival. Same territory as Emile Sande and The Script.

latitude-festival-day-one_5756836.jpg

Who goes to this then?

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

jfc, I take back everything I ever may have said about being open to going back next year, even with a ballin line-up

I'm trying to figure out whether it's just back-to-back with a disabled viewing platform, or whether Latitude has stooped to having a priority seating area at the main stage situated on top of a fenced off Waitrose. Because there's no coming back from that really - It can FOAD.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm trying to figure out whether it's just back-to-back with a disabled viewing platform, or whether Latitude has stooped to having a priority seating area at the main stage situated on top of a fenced off Waitrose. Because there's no coming back from that really - It can FOAD.

The seating has always been there, but they're unrestricted (disabled platforms are separate) and you access them from the front, it looks like those stairs just go onto the roof of the Waitrose. Although I did hear rumours that this year a full seating stand was roped off for friends of the Mumfords.

Felt like the kind of the fookin castle when it was blazing heat during Laura Mvula in 2016, and ya boy sits in the shade under one of the stands, sippin on a cold ass cold brew coffee, angled so I can see and hear Ms Mvula clear as day. Incredible scenes.

28 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah I thought I'd hate the seating areas when I first saw them, but they were a blessing when my back was hurting one time. Imagine they'd be a saviour in muddy years 'n all.

It never gets crazy muddy, especially at the main stage. Something to do with being at the top of a hill and/or the soil type, I'd guess. 

The dust is a fucker in the particularly dry years though 

The dust is a fucker pretty much every year. I think four out of the five I went to I was sneezing up black bogies when I got home. Always got the filthiest at Latitude because spending time in the woods just means you have that dust sticking to you, the bastard hangs in the air. You get in the shower and the waters runs off you brown.

16 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

My guesses for headliners at this point would be Lorde, Arcade Fire or LCD Soundsystem and Beck.

I'd be all over that. I'd like to think we'd get at least one of those. But I've got a feeling there'll be some UK band on there, Mogwai was on the bookers (Lucy Wood) favourite music thing, along with Beck, so maybe they're possible.

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/latitude-loves-september

On 30/09/2017 at 9:10 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Mogwai headlined the 6music very recently, I don't see them coming back.

It will have been 4 years ago (by the time the festival rolls around) and they've released 2 albums in between. 

I don't think they'll headline, and I'm not sure if they'd take the same slot again but I wouldn't say that it would be because it's too soon