Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

This makes the most sense to me rn. The first and third make loadsa sense for headliners but they need a strong middle one to keep it right and can't do that with Lana or Beck or whoever so Beck can do Green Man and Lana can just chill or something. Made this anyhow...

latitude.png.6c6596a4b9b8281baf812f48e5367d58.png

Was gonna put the arty images in the corners but remembered that this isn't my actual job so fuqq it.

edit: oh man the eternal shame of sorting The Avalanches by A and the rest of the 'The' acts by T.

Well I'd buy a ticket for that, which I'm not likely to do if we get the equivalent of this year's dross.

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Would be happy with that, though I'd need something on Sunday night still. 

Two great acts ya dingo.

1 hour ago, johnl said:

Think Arcade Fire are too big for Latitude tbh. More likely to see them at Reading/Leeds. LCD Soundsystem and/or Nick Cave are possibles imo with someone like Catfish on the Friday. 

Latitude is growing at a decent rate tho and homogenising into a standard major fest init? I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd major fest headliner come back into Latitude's orbit like Arcade Fire, Florence and The Cure.

Do actually concede that they're maybe likely for the new AEG festival if that's a few days long as they usually deal with AEG but yeah I still reckon it's possible.

That is pie in the sky, friend. And I have to agree that AF are too big now, Everything Now has made them bewilderingly popular. Conversely, The War On Drugs aren't big enough I reckon. Ms Yelich-O'Connor, Senor Hansen, and Mr Fish & Misters Bottleman would seem the most likely shout rn, but it's too early to call. But if that was the line-up I could certainly be persuaded, especially if FKA Twigs was up against McCann & The Vans.

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Two great acts ya dingo.

Crystal Fighters aaaaaaaand? :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

That is pie in the sky, friend. And I have to agree that AF are too big now, Everything Now has made them bewilderingly popular. 

Has it? Don't think its really done anything for them that Suburbs and Reflektor didn't already do. 

Hoping Yeah Yeah Yeahs rock up to headline 6 Music one night 

52 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

That is pie in the sky, friend. And I have to agree that AF are too big now, Everything Now has made them bewilderingly popular. Conversely, The War On Drugs aren't big enough I reckon. Ms Yelich-O'Connor, Senor Hansen, and Mr Fish & Misters Bottleman would seem the most likely shout rn, but it's too early to call. But if that was the line-up I could certainly be persuaded, especially if FKA Twigs was up against McCann & The Vans.

Quoi? The War on Drugs are selling out the same venues as Lordey Lorde (namely Ally Pally and Manchester Apollo) much quicker than she can. The meme that Lorde is actually an incredibly huge artist in spite of facts and figures suggesting otherwise is best left in 2017.

13 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Crystal Fighters aaaaaaaand? :ph34r:

Has it? Don't think its really done anything for them that Suburbs and Reflektor didn't already do. 

Hoping Yeah Yeah Yeahs rock up to headline 6 Music one night 

Oh you like Crystal Fighters? That explains a lot then, never mind.

And yeah I don't think Arcade Fire's stock has risen on this album. I don't think it's dropped considerably either but they've hit their limit I reckon.

YYY's seem to be getting some reunion hype or something going on (I see they're being spoken of to headline Coachella but obviously that's not a definite) so maybe they'll headline a smaller do instead of a second stage slot at Latitude.

Eh? Did Yeah Yeah Yeahs ever break up? Seems very recently that they played like 3rd down Obelisk. I actually listened to It's Blitz! yesterdays and wondered what they were up to, Karen had that solo album a while back and then all silent. Find it odd that there'd be hype around them when Mosquito didn't actually make any massive waves.

13 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Eh? Did Yeah Yeah Yeahs ever break up? Seems very recently that they played like 3rd down Obelisk. I actually listened to It's Blitz! yesterdays and wondered what they were up to, Karen had that solo album a while back and then all silent. Find it odd that there'd be hype around them when Mosquito didn't actually make any massive waves.

Yeah I dunno either but I'm not complaining if they're getting their due. Think it's just rumours anyway - could just come back to no fanfare whatsoever. I guess if it does become a big thing it's not dissimilar to losers like The Kooks and The Wombats reaching career highs at this point in their career.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Is this something that's happened? Please tell me no. And fuck you for comparing YYYs to Kooks and Wombats, that's in no way fair.

Only in the sense that the generation of kids they appealed to first time around have gone and got jobs and earn money to spend watching their childhood heroes on the stage now, so that would explain a boost that YYY's would endure. The Kooks are doing Jackie Big Tits in front of arena crowds nowadaus and I think The Wombats are performing Patricia the Stripper to pretty large venues nowadays as well.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

edit: oh man the eternal shame of sorting The Avalanches by A and the rest of the 'The' acts by T.

We'll expect your resignation by the end of the day.

And I'd fully believe that poster was a leak if I saw it floating around the net, and I'd be pretty damn tempted to go.

• Upvote 1

On 09/09/2017 at 1:44 PM, dentalplan said:

Two great acts ya dingo.

Latitude is growing at a decent rate tho and homogenising into a standard major fest init? I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd major fest headliner come back into Latitude's orbit like Arcade Fire, Florence and The Cure.

Do actually concede that they're maybe likely for the new AEG festival if that's a few days long as they usually deal with AEG but yeah I still reckon it's possible.

What's this? I've been trying to think of a more suitable place for them (as they are obviously bigger than most Latitude headliners), and the only one I could come up with is BST which they've done recently.

19 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

What's this? I've been trying to think of a more suitable place for them (as they are obviously bigger than most Latitude headliners), and the only one I could come up with is BST which they've done recently.

Its a thing at Knebworth supposedly involving the Stones but we dunno if its just a Stones one-dayer masquerading as a fest or an actual weekend gathering 

17 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Its a thing at Knebworth supposedly involving the Stones but we dunno if its just a Stones one-dayer masquerading as a fest or an actual weekend gathering 

The original source the story came from mentions multi day

The multi-day extravaganza, which is yet to be confirmed, would help plug the gap in the festival calendar created by Glastonbury’s fallow year

Are we assuming that the capacity is going to stay at 40,000 or drop back to 35,000? Because those extra sales could lead to some bigger name acts than earlier latitudes have had (see: two of this years headliners, whether you like them or not).

I don't think War on Drugs are big enough, despite the fact that I really like them. I'd say they're about as big as Fleet Foxes, who got a dismal crowd for a mainstage headliner. I especially don't think they'll headline alongside another American act. 

Arcade Fire or Florence et al wouldn't surprise me, can see them being overlooked for R/L in a Glastonbury fallow year. Reckon R/L will go for something like green day, arctic monkeys, Kendrick