Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

On 30/08/2017 at 10:12 PM, funky squaredance said:

Playlist has been added to Spotify by chief booker of the music stages, Lucy.  Nice to know some of the names above are also on her current listening. 

They can go right ahead and waste a headline spot on Catpiss or Lana if the top two on the other days consist of QOTSA, Haim, Beck and EE. Yaaaaas.

Edited by Zac Quinn
  • Like 1

On 30/08/2017 at 10:48 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Nothing really inspiring there in all honesty, by and large just a load of established indie guitar acts... and curiously William Patrick Corgan, maybe for a laugh? I have got time for her putting Waxahatchee in there tho, nice move; AotY.

It's just a playlist of music that came out this month, rather than a first announcement. :P

• Like 1

Not sure if this is just a coincidence but I've noticed each year, Latitude always have at least two UK based headliners. I think LCD will headline next year. Then probably some landfill indie, and then probably a picnic blanket pleaser as mentioned previously. 

Edit: In the early years this rule sorta doesn't apply.

Edited by James96
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, evannn said:

Wolf Alice, Snow Patrol, LCD Soundsystem

You've got your up & comers on Friday, your picnic blanket fodder on Saturday, and your critical darlings on Sunday

not sure Snow Patrol are picnic blanket fodder anymore... unless they make a massive comeback it seems a stretch for them to headline at all let alone as the one to appease 'the one album a year crowd'. Love the idea of Wolf Alice and LCD on the other two days though, sounds sublime that.

On 05/09/2017 at 4:40 PM, Zac Quinn said:

not sure Snow Patrol are picnic blanket fodder anymore... unless they make a massive comeback it seems a stretch for them to headline at all let alone as the one to appease 'the one album a year crowd'. Love the idea of Wolf Alice and LCD on the other two days though, sounds sublime that.

Very true, I was struggling to think of an active act in that field that's the right size. I know they're planning a comeback, and nostalgia is selling a lot of tickets nowadays it seems. The Script? I know their single is getting radio 1 play

Is the line up usually a bit, how do I phrase this...not necessarily better, but....well yeh why not, "Better" or are there "bigger acts" when Glasto is on a break?

I could just look it up , but still intrigued for those who have previously been to Latitude when Glasto has had a break, has it seemed that the line up has been particularly better looking, even if not all to your taste? I'm speaking at the time too, not if it was to happen now.

FWIW Catfish for the Friday main headliner is a big shout I would say next year, with The Cribs on the second stage perhaps.

1 hour ago, evannn said:

Very true, I was struggling to think of an active act in that field that's the right size. I know they're planning a comeback, and nostalgia is selling a lot of tickets nowadays it seems. The Script? I know their single is getting radio 1 play

not a bad shout actually! I was expecting their new album to flop after the last one didn't do much and then they went away for ages on top of that, but it seems to be heading for number one. Not sure they're 'Latitude' enough but they'd shift a lot of day tickets.

6 minutes ago, some dude said:

Is the line up usually a bit, how do I phrase this...not necessarily better, but....well yeh why not, "Better" or are there "bigger acts" when Glasto is on a break?

I mean Latitude is so young that - apart from its inaugural year - it's only ran in a Glasto fallow year once so it's probably pointless reading anything into it. But yeah for what little it's worth the headliners in 2012 were a bit stronger than the years either side of it.

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

I mean Latitude is so young that - apart from its inaugural year - it's only ran in a Glasto fallow year once so it's probably pointless reading anything into it. But yeah for what little it's worth the headliners in 2012 were a bit stronger than the years either side of it.

Two!

Didn't notice any difference in crowd in 2012, but it was certainly muddier, and the line-up was amazing, and they still had decent veggie food, and the crowd hadn't yet gone R&L for posh kids, and I kept seeing Richard Bacon ambling about.

Wolf Alice

Tame Impala

LCD Soundsystem

With and undercard of: The War on Drugs, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Thee Oh Sees, Kurt Vile and Courtney Barnett, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Parquet Courts, Ty Segall, La Luz or something along those lines would sell me a ticket- I am prepared for bitter disappointment though!

2 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Wolf Alice

Tame Impala

LCD Soundsystem

With and undercard of: The War on Drugs, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Thee Oh Sees, Kurt Vile and Courtney Barnett, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Parquet Courts, Ty Segall, La Luz or something along those lines would sell me a ticket- I am prepared for bitter disappointment though!

That would be absolutely incredible but I can't see it happening. I remember at this stage last year people were predicting LCD Soundsystem, Nick Cave, Gorillaz etc and we all know how that turned out...

• Upvote 1

On 07/09/2017 at 7:19 PM, Will-2609 said:

Catfish and the Bottlemen, Arcade Fire, The War on Drugs

This makes the most sense to me rn. The first and third make loadsa sense for headliners but they need a strong middle one to keep it right and can't do that with Lana or Beck or whoever so Beck can do Green Man and Lana can just chill or something. Made this anyhow...

latitude.png.6c6596a4b9b8281baf812f48e5367d58.png

Was gonna put the arty images in the corners but remembered that this isn't my actual job so fuqq it.

edit: oh man the eternal shame of sorting The Avalanches by A and the rest of the 'The' acts by T.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 2