Who would you like to headline in 2018

ramragon

Still think there's probably a market for a stage featuring that style, although they never struggle to sell out so I suppose why change it. Wickerman which was just over the border before it sadly went on hiatus always had the really popular Scooter tent featuring those sort of band's. Perfect for a smaller tent like the houseparty

My group have dropped out. We are doing Beautiful days 2018 so with that I think it will be

Chemical Brothers

Courteeners

The Cure

The Foals

Because thats what I have waited the last 6 years for. 

Loved Kendal over the years but time to try elsewhere. 

Do feel lucky we didnt do Ynot this year, it was mentioned. Bad luck for them. Vaccines cancelled and to think they could of "put a wetsuit on" and come to Kendal. That would of brightened it up.

See you in some new fields!!!

Peace out!

Seen the Charlatans about 6/7 times in the last two years & think they are top form & getting better.

James are always decent,  but better sound quality than last time please. Would rather someone different though.

Prodigy would work, I think.

Other bands I think that would work with the KC crowd include

Specials, OCS, Weezer, Mumford & Sons. New Order, 

Public Service Broadcasting, Sleaford Mods, Moonlandingz,

Dropkick Murphy's, Media Whores,

also a few female acts this year,

but please..... 

No Gallagher & no courteeners, not because they wouldn't work, but there were enough little arse holes there this year.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jkb1 said:

but please..... 

No Gallagher & no courteeners, not because they wouldn't work, but there were enough little arse holes there this year.

That's the trouble with booking them, gotta agree they tend to have an army of nutters supporting them. Might make a difference if the announcements are made after the festivals sold out though. 

13 minutes ago, ramragon said:

That's the trouble with booking them, gotta agree they tend to have an army of nutters supporting them. Might make a difference if the announcements are made after the festivals sold out though. 

Good points well made ramra. Liam would go down a storm but do they still want to attract the family festival crowd who have been loyal for years ? These bookings would have the potential to change the crowd dynamic.

Plus Liam's voice is shot :-)

Although I promised myself I wouldn't do Kendal next year if they booked some of the following I may have to change my mind :-

Starsailor 

The Flaming Lips

The Black Keys 

Yeah Yeah Yeah's

The Enemy 

Badly Drawn Boy

Tenacious D (ok it'll never happen but I still think they'd be amazing and great fun)

Also agree with Prodigy, Specials, DropKick Murhphy's, Cure, Chemical Brothers.

Also agree with no oasis style p"ss throwing acts.. as much as I love the sing along's it does seem to attract a complete bunch of T WARTS, or turn decent people into p"ss hurling monkeys.