Someoni

A full month has gone by from what was as close to a life-changing experience as I've had.

Glastonbury is mental. Beautiful, intoxicating, rewarding, but absolutely and savagely mental.

It was my first festival at 31 and I attempted to go like I did when I was 21 and it was great, paid for in so many ways but worth every bit of every thing, but me and my partner living out of a teardrop camper "the bunker" for 6 days without killing each other was a miracle in itself but it's brought us so much closer together. Unreal. 

See you all in 2019.

Stick repping the CVW sticker 

20170731_183355~2~01.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Lost my job the day after Glastonbury but it was still the best week of the year and the best Glastonbury of my 8 I've been too. Miss being on the farm 

Sorry to hear - not Glastonbury related, was it?

1 hour ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Lost my job the day after Glastonbury but it was still the best week of the year and the best Glastonbury of my 8 I've been too. Miss being on the farm 

Oh I hope not due to attending, if it was, it most certainly was worth it! I hope you're in a better place of work a month on that understands the pull of the farm 

I drove past the site on Saturday....there was a guy stood at what is Red Gate with a rucksack and his thumb out so I stopped and gave him a lift to Glastonbury town.

He said he'd been on site since June 2nd and had just finished the clean-up, and was now looking forward to getting back home to West Wales, where (somewhat romantically) my wife later surmised that he'd be welcomed open-armed and fed a 'big roast' by his Mum.

For about 20 mins we talked about the festival, how many we'd done, what had changed etc, and that this year was truly one of the best, if not the best.  I passed the site again on the way back, looked wistfully across the hedge at the Pyramid with her hat off now, and thought yeah, it was the best.  

It's been a month and things have moved on as life does, but it only takes a little thing like that to bring it all back.  

Black, if you're reading this, it was good to meet you.  I hope you got back home ok, and that (for my wife) your Mum gave you a hug and cooked you a 'big roast'.  Thanks for the chat and for all the hard work you put in at the farm.

Roll on 2019 everybody B)

This year it was 33 years since I first went, and 18 since my last one. As detailed elsewhere, it was a rollercoaster as it whether we'd get to go this year, but the gods shone and we got to go.

For me, without a doubt, this was my favourite visit to Glastonbury. Despite a (perhaps unnecessarily) convoluted journey, it was a magical time from the moment we left the house. We had to overnight in a hotel to catch the early coach but it was all part of the trip and made the most of it. We couldn't believe we drove off the M5, through Glastonbury and straight onto the site without any hold up (albeit it was Thursday). Within no time we had our wristbands sorted and were good to go. Where we went though was back to town, where we had rented a cottage (I know, I know!); this down to 1) we're getting on a bit now and 2) my wife had been rather poorly earlier in the year. We got settled there, into town for lunch and then back to Worthy Farm to show my son, on his first visit, the sights. We walked about 15 miles on the Thursday.

The rest of the weekend was just magical. I was just happy to be back after all those years, but to witness that Radiohead set was the highlight for me, but there were many others too. I'm gutted now that the BBC iplayer sets have gone; Justice and RTJ were on regular rotation.

I'm now starting to experience something new to me; fretting about not getting tickets for 2019 or 2020, despite it being 14 months until the next ticket sale day. 

16 hours ago, Someoni said:

A full month has gone by from what was as close to a life-changing experience as I've had.

Glastonbury is mental. Beautiful, intoxicating, rewarding, but absolutely and savagely mental.

Wonderful to hear it still impacting people like this - and now you know what it really is that wednesday walk up to the Glastonbury sign will be done choking back the emotions before you have to turn and look over it all once more and know you really are back, and here it all goes again :D 

3 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Wonderful to hear it still impacting people like this - and now you know what it really is that wednesday walk up to the Glastonbury sign will be done choking back the emotions before you have to turn and look over it all once more and know you really are back, and here it all goes again :D 

Bloody hell Frosty!  Just when I felt like I was starting to get over it :(

Just now, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Sorry to hear - not Glastonbury related, was it?

Got

8 hours ago, Someoni said:

Oh I hope not due to attending, if it was, it most certainly was worth it! I hope you're in a better place of work a month on that understands the pull of the farm 

a chest infection and had D and V and was due in a meeting on the Tuesday

Got a chest infection and had D and V and was due in a meeting on the Tuesday afternoon and missed it. Not a happy bunny. Still unemployed at the moment but my garden looks good! Got working at Reading festival to look forward to soon.

This year was special. and went by too quickly.  I have been looking at my old Glastonbury photos from the '90s this week.  I may scan a few and put them up here to share the memories. 

I will be at a loose end this weekend and was considering a walk across the site, if they are now finished clearing up.  I will check to see if this is possible.

13 hours ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Got a chest infection and had D and V and was due in a meeting on the Tuesday afternoon and missed it. Not a happy bunny. Still unemployed at the moment but my garden looks good! Got working at Reading festival to look forward to soon.

That's bollocks. Hope you manage to find something better. 

29 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

For sure it was magical this year. I'm trying to keep busy doing other things I love, partly to avoid being downhearted at the looong wait until Glastonbury 2019.

Sorry to hear your news @Earthwindandfire2205 

Thank you very much.

I think my first will always be the most special as you get that "I can't get over the size/how amazing this place is" but looking back I can definitely say this year is my favourite overall. The weather was amazing (looking back I will never moan about Wednesday being too hot, how lucky were we!?), the line up was awesome. 

As a country things had been shit on the lead up to it which weirdly seemed to make the atmosphere even better. Everyone seemed fed up with the stuff that was happening but inside the fence was nothing but good vibes, friendliness and laughter. The perfect response to all the other stuff going on. It was just 180,000 (?) people there to have an amazing time.

I can't think of a single negative about this year - maybe that it went too fast?

The list of good things really is endless. Seeing The Killers in the sun will always be an amazing memory for me. Here's hoping that they are back in 2019! 

And on a personal note... 2 of my best friends have been engaged for about 6 months and on the Friday afternoon they asked me if I would do the ceremony and marry them! Over the moon, and very nervous! Extra cool as it's a festival themed wedding :) 

I am seriously missing the farm and as @buddiepaul said... I'll definitely be looking to go and visit the farm soon. I went about a month before the festival so would be cool to go about a month or so after

I went with my partner too, both our first Glastonbury and my first ever festival. A good few times I became completely overwhelmed by the size and sheer numbers that were in front and behind and all around me. 

Everyone completely different but somehow on the same wavelength. I didn't get the don't pee on the land but within hours I'm shouting at people who do. Glastonbury had this phenomenal ability to bring everyone to ground zero. 

I have never experienced anything like it and I'm so so so glad that my first festival was Glastonbury 17, the one with the awesome weather, 200,000+ people all more mangled than I am. 

Lawless within those walls.

Truly epic.

Home

On 01/08/2017 at 0:49 PM, parsonjack said:

I drove past the site on Saturday....there was a guy stood at what is Red Gate with a rucksack and his thumb out so I stopped and gave him a lift to Glastonbury town.

He said he'd been on site since June 2nd and had just finished the clean-up, and was now looking forward to getting back home to West Wales, where (somewhat romantically) my wife later surmised that he'd be welcomed open-armed and fed a 'big roast' by his Mum.

For about 20 mins we talked about the festival, how many we'd done, what had changed etc, and that this year was truly one of the best, if not the best.  I passed the site again on the way back, looked wistfully across the hedge at the Pyramid with her hat off now, and thought yeah, it was the best.  

It's been a month and things have moved on as life does, but it only takes a little thing like that to bring it all back.  

Black, if you're reading this, it was good to meet you.  I hope you got back home ok, and that (for my wife) your Mum gave you a hug and cooked you a 'big roast'.  Thanks for the chat and for all the hard work you put in at the farm.

Roll on 2019 everybody B)

That's bloody lovely mate. Thanks for sharing. 

I'm leaving the country in a few days (probably permanently) and am tempted to pop down for a wistful walk about the farm before doing one. Is that possible ?