Someoni

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/08/2017 at 9:13 PM, Field of Avalon said:

Hi all newbie to this forum after lurking for a few years. Never thought I could miss a place as much as I miss Glastonbury. :(  Only been going the last 2 years but it really does feel like home so never had to experience a fallow year. Was feeling very down for about a month or 2 after as myself and 2 daughters had an amazing time. That's when I thought to myself just under 2 years ago I'd never even been to Glastonbury. October 2015 I was lucky enough to get tickets for the 2016 festival. That time has gone so quickly it doesn't seem like 2 years since experiencing the excitement of getting tickets at the first time of trying. Believe me, 2019 will be around far quicker than you think, let's hope we are all lucky in our quest for tickets for the most amazing place on earth. :)

Great first post :) Thankyou for the positive vibes... This time will pass and soon we will all be rejoicing and praising the ticket gods! Now when will the Glasto dreams stop? I wake up either very happy (and then get sad as I'm not there) or very panicky (and then relief as it was just a dream). Why can't everyone in real life be as beautiful as Glastofarians?

On 8/11/2017 at 10:45 PM, Nutella Versace said:

As much as I love Glasto,  get a fuckin grip. We're on the brink of nuclear war. People are dying fleeing their homeland because of war.The UK is throwing itself over a Brexit cliff . It's the best music festival in the world, but life goes on. 

Can't speak for everyone but I think that's part off the reason Glasto was so good this year. There has been/is so much shit going on that being there gave everyone 5 days to switch off from all of  that and enjoy being at the best place in the world.

34 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Can't speak for everyone but I think that's part off the reason Glasto was so good this year. There has been/is so much shit going on that being there gave everyone 5 days to switch off from all of  that and enjoy being at the best place in the world.

Exactly.....5 days inside the fence is a respite from the realities of life outside.

On 14/08/2017 at 1:19 PM, parsonjack said:

Exactly.....5 days inside the fence is a respite from the realities of life outside.

Couldn't agree with that sentiment more. I'm having a rough year and Glastonbury was one of the things holding me up. It gave me something to look forward to, a little respite and now some great memories to look back on as times get tough again. 

A glorious escape from reality. 

37 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Couldn't agree with that sentiment more. I'm having a rough year and Glastonbury was one of the things holding me up. It gave me something to look forward to, a little respite and now some great memories to look back on as times get tough again. 

A glorious escape from reality. 

I know that I haven't apologized to you personally yet. I am doing so now. Thanks for taking time out for me that Sunday morning. Despite what you might think, it means a lot to me. It will always be there. It'll not go away.

Sorry to hear that times aren't so good for you. I don't know if I can help you in any way, but if you feel that I can, then please PM me. I owe you one. It does not go unforgotten. 

Since Glastonbury, seven weeks I've lived in a world of shear madness, utter bollox, every freekin' day. Damn right we had an escape in late June. Plenty would begrudge us that.

We need to end this now, first, Pour out a sea of vodka.

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know that I haven't apologized to you personally yet. I am doing so now. Thanks for taking time out for me that Sunday morning. Despite what you might think, it means a lot to me. It will always be there. It'll not go away.

Sorry to hear that times aren't so good for you. I don't know if I can help you in any way, but if you feel that I can, then please PM me. I owe you one. It does not go unforgotten. 

Thanks Yog! 

I was just  weaning myself off Glastonbury related stuff to try and get back to some sense of routine when, out of the blue, whilst walking around Padstow harbour........we come across  Andy "The Crooner" Marshall (he of Bellas Bridge/crooners corner fame).  Stopped and had a quick chat between songs. Nice guy and a great voice.

I'm not really a thread creator, but the replies to this give me so much joy. It was my first one so will always be special, but seeing how thst feeling only grows over time and over more visits. 

It's like a mahoooosive super far extended family meet up. 

I'm counting down till the next one, aiming to be a 33 year old campervanner for 2019

I've come to Glastonbury for the weekend, felt stupidly excited when I saw signs for the pilton party in the Glastonbury font, the first sighting of the Tor was great and it just feels wonderful to be here, would recommend it to anyone missing the festival. 

Charm x

On 8/27/2017 at 10:03 AM, Charm said:

I've come to Glastonbury for the weekend, felt stupidly excited when I saw signs for the pilton party in the Glastonbury font, the first sighting of the Tor was great and it just feels wonderful to be here, would recommend it to anyone missing the festival. 

Charm x

Agreed. I went a couple of weeks back. Amazing sunshine, took 2 of my mates (1 of them has a 10 month old so we took her for her first Glastonbury experience, too).  

Was awesome walking around the site. Had a picnic on the hill,  took a mini speaker and played songs from my Glasto playlists from the last 4 years.  Also went and went and stood under the Pyramid, which still had 1 side on at the time. I went about 5 or 6 weeks before the festival, too. Highly recommend visiting if you can.

went to lost village festival this weekend and it was absolutely fine, but i now just compare any festival to glastonbury - which although isn't really fair - I cannot help. And yes it was fine and enjoyable but it's just that when you go to most other festivals you quickly realise they don't even really come close at all.

14 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I keep thinking it's 2018 this year, because the next Glasto is 2019.  

I dont know whether to smile or cry into my cornflakes at that statement (note I also have no cornflakes!)

12 hours ago, Memory Man said:

went to lost village festival this weekend and it was absolutely fine, but i now just compare any festival to glastonbury - which although isn't really fair - I cannot help. And yes it was fine and enjoyable but it's just that when you go to most other festivals you quickly realise they don't even really come close at all.

was it as posh at it looks like it could be?

On 31/08/2017 at 9:37 PM, Memory Man said:

yeah kinda, the site was lovely and pretty unique! crowd let it down a bit tho. its a bit confused at what it wants to be, boutique retreat or big rave up!

Hah! Just how it looks :) I imagine there would be some funny sights in the early hours of people still trying to be proper, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I'm not sure it can be fair to compare other festivals against the whole of Glastonbury, it spreads itself so wide. Bits of it can be beaten though, and the vibe can be nicer away from the bucket listers I reckon

On 11/08/2017 at 10:45 PM, Nutella Versace said:

As much as I love Glasto,  get a fuckin grip. We're on the brink of nuclear war. People are dying fleeing their homeland because of war.The UK is throwing itself over a Brexit cliff . It's the best music festival in the world, but life goes on. 

Roll a fat Jung un and relax.

Peace x