Someoni

14 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

That's bloody lovely mate. Thanks for sharing. 

I'm leaving the country in a few days (probably permanently) and am tempted to pop down for a wistful walk about the farm before doing one. Is that possible ? 

There didn't appear to be any security left that would prevent a wander round now but the best person to confirm as such is probably @deebeedoobee who lives in Pilton.  Usual countryside codes apply obviously...try to stay on pathways, don't disturb any livestock, close any gates behind you etc etc. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

There didn't appear to be any security left that would prevent a wander round now but the best person to confirm as such is probably @deebeedoobee who lives in Pilton.  Usual countryside codes apply obviously...try to stay on pathways, don't disturb any livestock, close any gates behind you etc etc. 

Correct...all back to normal. Keep dogs on leads as there are cows and soon sheep around. Keep to the paths and you'll be reet.

22 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Correct...all back to normal. Keep dogs on leads as there are cows and soon sheep around. Keep to the paths and you'll be reet.

Where is the best place to park/walk from? I sometimes drive past the site, and am always tempted by a wander but never know where is best to start!

2 minutes ago, Sweet_pea said:

Where is the best place to park/walk from? I sometimes drive past the site, and am always tempted by a wander but never know where is best to start!

Park at the working mans club in pilton then just down the road there is a footpath that goes over the hill. You come in just above where the john peel is :)

2 hours ago, Sweet_pea said:

Best place is just along from the top of Muddy Lane - near the football field/skate park, on the verge. Then you can walk down Muddy lane or through Tesco gate down towards red barn.

I must admit that 2017 feels like the best of my experiences at Glastonbury, can't remember anything negative at all and its the first time in a few years that i've left and thought that i won't be going back. had to clean out the campervan ready for our little trip back down to Glastonbury this weekend and just being in the van and thinking about the fantastic week we spent in it in June brought a massive smile to my face.

The £120 fine from the sons school was well worth it:)

Part of the reason for booking the Abbey show this weekend was to make sure we went down and had a look at the site out of season, but we have to work today / tonight now so won't get down there until early tomorrow so can't see us finding time to have a good walk around the site.

If we do, is there a good place to park a campervan that won't block any lanes?

16 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Can we walk through the site along the railway track?? And up to the stone circle ? 

Generally yes....the railway track is usually walkable all the way but you may find some exits off to stone circle, avalon or block 9 fenced off if there are sheep/cows grazing....pot luck on the day really.

It done me in and I am still not right. Going to the cricket tomorrow and after that I am giving up the booze for good. Be interesting experiencing the festival from a sober perspective in the future.

Am doing V in a few weeks. Will be my 1st festival without getting involved so to speak. Am a bit aprehensive but I need to stick a toe in.

There are sheep on the farm over winter when the cows are in. I get the impression he is renting the land out to others but i don't know for sure. Never thought about it, just run past them. They all disappear by April, probably gone to lunch.....

Edited by pilton digger

Had a tough time for various reasons since the weekend, so it fills me with joy and life reflecting back to that one week. Certainly these things fly by as I get older but personally to have spent over a month of my life on that farm over 6 festivals is a really special thing. 

10 hours ago, eastynh said:

It done me in and I am still not right. Going to the cricket tomorrow and after that I am giving up the booze for good. Be interesting experiencing the festival from a sober perspective in the future.

Am doing V in a few weeks. Will be my 1st festival without getting involved so to speak. Am a bit aprehensive but I need to stick a toe in.

Two years to let your liver recover?

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

I miss it like heck.  Can't remember a year it's taken so long to get over it.

Tearing up just scribbling this.....wtf?

I get it. Tough comedown this year compared to others. I went to Beni last minute to help the post Glasto come down but when I got back from Spain it got worse cos that was the best week of my life too!

36 minutes ago, Charm said:

Found myself watching videos of this year, made me happy cry a bit, think this one is wonderful. 

Charm x

watched a bit of this walking home  from arcadia at about 2.30am on the sunday ... shattered but had to stop for 20mins of random fun .. can just about see the flashing pyramid at the end :)

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

watched a bit of this walking home  from arcadia at about 2.30am on the sunday ... shattered but had to stop for 20mins of random fun .. can just about see the flashing pyramid at the end :)

Just spotted you, looked like so much fun, seeing all the happy faces is so lovely, missing Glastonbury too much already.

Charm x