Sign in to follow this  
NickisGinger

Apple Music Festival 2017

Probably my favourite time of year.. when the summer ends and its time for them wintery indoor gigs. 

I've noticed the roundhouse does have a bit on in September.. unless it's changing venues. (or it's just not happening at all)

Ed Sheeran I guess is one performer. 

Don't think I applied for anything last year (did it even happen!?!?) after getting Ryan Adams tickets the year before and trying for various others in previous years.

I got Calvin Harris last year. I've been quite lucky with this festival as I've got Dizzee Rascal, Kasabian, Maroon 5 & David Guetta in past.

21 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

I got Calvin Harris last year. I've been quite lucky with this festival as I've got Dizzee Rascal, Kasabian, Maroon 5 & David Guetta in past.

You don't seem that lucky pal. ;)

I think it was only about ten days last year so it could be any sort of gap really. As it's downsized and started being announced later in the last couple of years I've been expecting it to eventually get knocked on the head so wouldn't be convinced of it returning, personally.

Yeah, it was the 10 year anniversary last year as well, so bowing out on a milestone makes a lot of sense.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

You don't seem that lucky pal. ;)

I think it was only about ten days last year so it could be any sort of gap really. As it's downsized and started being announced later in the last couple of years I've been expecting it to eventually get knocked on the head so wouldn't be convinced of it returning, personally.

A free gig is a free gig :)

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Was kind of obvious seeing as we're literally four days into September with no acts or dates announced, but it's now confirmed as dead https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/apple-axes-annual-apple-music-festival-london-10-years/

Not surprising but sad to hear it's not happening any more. Never won a ticket despite trying for 5 years!