Standout act of the festival

ramragon

First time of seeing stereophonics they blew my mind my top band for weekend, also reverend and the makers for the great atmosphere , the coral were brilliant Sunday night of the smaller bands enjoyed stillia massive potential and the shimmer band but that was a complete waste putting them on at 3.15 on Thursday afternoon should have been in calling out over the weekend, last year I spent most my time in calling out this year only watched Palace wasn't too bothered about them and the coral wished I would have watched the hunna tho instead of Manics 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, really liked Freak, can see them doing quite well in future

Highlight of the weekend for me was probably Sonny Fodera at the WKD place, shame there was a bit of sound bleed from the main stage but i'd imagine it would have been the same the other way round as well.  Even ended up buying a couple of WKD despite being male and over the age of 15.

Manics were good, Frank T (obv.) but best act on main stage for me were Feeder. Great set and I was singing and dancing my fat ass off.

Away from the main stage, stumbled on a new band called Litany in Jagerhaus. They were really good. Dreamy but dancy, great female vocal and a kid who looked like Harry Potter on keyboard who's Dad was watching them for the first time. 

Loved loved loved Happy Mondays. Reverand and the Makers were fab.

New bands I really enjoyed The Shimmer Band, Fickle Friends. 

Gypsies of Bohemia got  Chai Wallah bouncing.

And two we just stumbled on by walking past the calling out stage and hearing them were Outlya, and an absolutely great voice of Jess Kemp, Her and her band were just fantastic.

Again, enjoyed Calling out stage, the woodlands, carvetti and chai wallah much better than the main stage acts.

On 1 August 2017 at 9:46 PM, dannyfletcher said:

Did anyone see the drum kit being played in the tiki lounge?

Yeah, late Friday/early hours of Sat.  A guy drumming and a bloke spinning the decks.  Pretty good as I recall but I'd blown it by then, so wouldn't be a credible witness.....

I cried real life happy tears during Jake Bugg and Stereophonics but I think that was more to do with being in my happy place. Loved The Pale White, I'd never heard of them before but wow, they have such stage presence. I'm also a little bit in love with the Editors Geezer!

@Comfy Bean I'd quite like to see Sigrid, Christine and Lorde after only catching part sets of them at Glasto. All of them were brilliant and something really quite special.

13 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Cheers. 

The links worked as soon as I clicked over to desktop. 

Thursday was one video rather than individual sets, but that's all I need. 

There's no sub forum for it, bit I'm standing in the queue for Party at the Palace. I'm here with my daughter.l so it won't be a drunken festival. 

We've got Kaiser Chiefs, Ash and The Lightening Seeds as today's main bands. I've never seen Ash before, but the Kaiser Chiefs are always great.