Standout act of the festival

ramragon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mustard dijon band (or something like, can't remember exactly so won't embarrass myself by getting it slightly wrong) were fantastic. First time I've seen them, and missed the start because mud. "Bounce the ball"; the innocence had me in tears. 

The only person who didn't seem to enjoy the set was the bloke half way up the hill that wouldnt join in so colonel mustard berated him then had all the crowd turn to him, point and boo ! Haha

I'll admit, I had my doubts but they put on a decent show, and i laughed when @Comfy Bean tried to blag his way on to stage as a ginger but was sent away cos he wasn't ginger enough. 

Disappointed by Stereophonics. Been watching them for 20years now and they've got a bit boring and go through the motions. When they get going though they still have it, and Kelly's voice is still strong. A worthy headliner thiugh and a massive crowd.

Feeder put on a good show after a few teething issues to begin.

Disappointed by DMAs. Love the album but they had little interaction with us and seemed to want to rattle through the songs.

As above I have to agree with Colonel Mustard. Like the Hotpots they aren't s band I'd listen to at home, but fantastic live.

Off the main stage, bands I saw that I'd never heard of but will be checking out again are (in no particular order)

Fickle Friends

Bad Sounds

Hello Operator

Outlya 

Lowes

Honey Feet 

Indigo Violet

Lost Colours

So many enjoyable sets, was really looking forward to Man and the Echo and they didn't dissapoint.

Ded Rabbit at the Woodllands on Friday.

We loved The Assist, Hello Operater and Blackwaters in the House Party.

Slaves, Bad sounds, Lewis Bootle and The Gospel choir doing Graceland.

Also found The Colonel Mustard thing was just what i needed to sort my hangover out.

Probably a few ive forgotten about as well.

Great weekend as always.

Wife - Stereophonics, Me - Lowds in Chai Wallah's (but I need to check the name!) Son - Colonel Mustards Daughter - ? Disappeared into Glow tent on Friday and crawled out at some point early this morning! Must confess a big thumbs up to the Comfy for this heads up although worried he might change his name to Comfy Smug. For those who caught the Mustards but didn't make the meet up, I was the fella in the Safari hunter gear and my son was the gorilla with the large inflatable spider on his back. Say hello in 18!.. & sleep...

54 minutes ago, cincoveces05 said:

Didn't watch anyone on the Main Stage at all which is a first.

Really enjoyed Lost Colours yesterday in the House Party Tent, like if Flaming Lips or a scaled down Polyphonic Spree were fronted by an opera singer.

Loved them. Reminded me a bit of Unkle. 

3 hours ago, Pooly JP said:

So many enjoyable sets, was really looking forward to Man and the Echo and they didn't dissapoint.

Ded Rabbit at the Woodllands on Friday.

We loved The Assist, Hello Operater and Blackwaters in the House Party.

Slaves, Bad sounds, Lewis Bootle and The Gospel choir doing Graceland.

Also found The Colonel Mustard thing was just what i needed to sort my hangover out.

Probably a few ive forgotten about as well.

Great weekend as always.

I loved Ded Rabbit as well good tunes and he knew how to get the crowd going

The London African Gospel Choir in Woodlands was pretty special. 

I know they are a bit "corny" but Colonel Mustard & the Dijon Five and The Lancashire Hotpots were good in the first slot of the day for shaking off the night before.

I'm not a Stereophonics fan particularly but I did enjoy their set. I always enjoy listening to new stuff I've never heard of .... will be seeking out a young local (Sheffield) band called Redfaces for another listen. 

One thing though .... a lack of female artists on the main stage I thought. 

1 hour ago, Crystal Waters said:

One thing though .... a lack of female artists on the main stage I thought. 

Interesting. We spoke about this on the way up the road. Prepared a list to keep us awake :-)

Also thought Stereophonics were better on the night than the Manics which I didn't expect to be saying. Thought having both of them was a bit boring.... headliner booking wise.

No idea on costs of these things but I'd get Lorde next year to balance up all the blokey guitar stuff this year.

Lana del ray
Lorde
Haim
Christine and the queens
War paint
Chvrches 
London Grammar
Clean bandit

First Aid Kit

Sigrid

Goldfrapp

Really enjoyed Billy Bibby and the wry smiles and the Larkins in Calling Out, Hello Operator in House Party. Mainstage wise, I enjoyed Feeder and Stereophonics.

I caught a few acts I rated on Carvetti and the Woodlands but I'd lost my lanyard to the mud by then :(