jyoung

Mercury Prize 2017

He was a shoe-in, and the Mercury is obviously a load of shite, but Sampha was the best one by quite a distance. Very talented fellow, nice to see him get recognition and pesos.

Thought Stormzy would get it, probably the right choice though. At least it wasn't Mr Sheeran or pissing Blossoms.

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

He was a shoe-in, and the Mercury is obviously a load of shite, but Sampha was the best one by quite a distance. Very talented fellow, nice to see him get recognition and pesos.

I enjoyed the album less than a couple of other entries but yeah I agree he was still the most obvious winner on the list, if you've seen a couple of these things. Hope he manages to stick around for the long term.

Another thing, I don't know if it was actually his fault or the mix for the TV but Rex Orange County sounded like he was doing a live "shreds" video as Skepta's guitarist.

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Been a person of note for the best part of a decade now so I don't think that'll be an issue for him.

Yeah, if you like.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Mercury Mercury me Mercurylago

Do like the album but every time I see Glass Animals live footage, I can't believe they aren't more hated, y'know? I see the odds on them plummeted this evening so may be seeing more of them...

Their frontman annoys me so much. Did so when I saw them for the first time on Jools Holland and did so at Glasto this year.

My mate text me later in the day at Glasto to say he'd got stuck next to him at Katy Perry. Never been so glad to be listening to Liam Gallagher getting angry at a fog machine.

Edit: Not that I'd ever previously listened to Liam Gallagher get angry at a fog machine.

Edited by Will-2609

When I heard Will-2609 was stuck watching Liam Gallagher shout at fog, I'd never been so glad to be watching Muncie Girls. And I've been pretty glad to be watching Muncie Girls in my time, let me tell you.

Fantastic album from Sampha and I'm delighted to have seen him on tour supporting it 3 times this year.

He actually sounds better live than on record too.

Edited by ConorC

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Mercury Mercury me Mercurylago

Do like the album but every time I see Glass Animals live footage, I can't believe they aren't more hated, y'know? I see the odds on them plummeted this evening so may be seeing more of them...

looked like they were dancing to Club Tropicana whilst playing something completely different