Jump to content
LRDJ

Slam Dunk 2018

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Looks decent but Creeper are deffo bigger than Moose Blood now and probably bigger than Frank

Fair enough, not actually a fan tbh because of their minions so didn't know where to put them, just knew they'd be fairly high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I reckon one of: Parkway Drive, All Time Low, Jimmy Eat World and Good Charlotte. Pierce The Veil maybe I don't know hopefully they're not big enough yet. 

Good Charlotte aren't big enough are they surely? Can see them doing the same slot as BFS did this year or sub but not headline

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Are ADTR that significantly bigger than Shikari? I don't think it's impossible they'd get a Download/Reading sub sized band since Shikari could get away with playing there

ADTR and Alter Bridge will headline download soon btw

I'd say so. Shikari have just kind of not really grown that big in a while while ADTR have been on the rise for a while. But with that being said I feel like Shikari wanted to do Slam Dunk just because it was the TTTS shows

2 hours ago, LRDJ said:

I pray that PTV and SWS don't come near the festival tbh.

What about Falling In Reverse? When is Ronnie's ban lifted (hopefully never)? If they were ever available they'd surely be a shout to play sadly, although I'd much prefer them to PTV and SWS.

Would At The Drive In or Frank Turner ever be considered to play?

My fingers are crossed for Jimmy Eat World as I'm not seeing them at Leeds and I think they'd kill it.

I have Neck Deep down for headlining 2019 as long as this album doesn't flop (which it won't, even though I haven't liked any of the singles so far).

Falling In Reverse can fuck off and never come to the UK ever. One of the worst bands in existence that needs to fuck off. And yeah ATDI aren't gonna play Slam Dunk and I don't think Frank will ever be booked either. Also people always on here keep on saying JEW every year but I just can never see it happening at all for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so I couldn't sleep and love speculating so much that last night I decided to do a complete festival prediction. Any bands in brackets are other potential ones I think could play and please don't slate me for the ska stage, I have no clue as I don't listen to anything like Less Than Jake.

 

Main Stage

Jimmy Eat World
PVRIS / Pierce The Veil / Sleeping With Sirens
Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes
Creeper
Moose Blood
Basement
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
Casey


Pop Punk Stage

State Champs / The Wonder Years
The Story So Far
Four Year Strong
Boston Manor
Knuckle Puck
Trash Boat
ROAM
Gnarwolves
(WSTR, Trophy Eyes, Turnstile pls)


Alternative/Light Pop Punk Stage

Lower Than Atlantis
Against The Current
As It Is
SWMRS
Broadside
Can't Swim
Microwave
Homebound


Chill Stage

Real Friends
The Front Bottoms/Mayday Parade
Mallory Knox/Andy Black
American Authors
Sorority Noise
The Gospel Youth
Columbus
Wallflower


Heavy Stage

While She Sleeps
The Amity Affliction / Northlane
Attila
Code Orange
Counterparts
Being As An Ocean
Astroid Boys
Knocked Loose
Napoleon
(Secrets, ETID, STYG, TAS, DGD, TGI, Hacktivist, Deez Nuts, IKTPQ, Sworn In, Ghost Town, Issues, Loathe)


Ska / Oldies Stage (no idea)

Good Charlotte?? The Specials????Madness???????????????
Rancid
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Streetlight Manifesto
MxPx
Zebrahead
Sonic Boom Six
Catch 22

Introducing Stage (no idea)

Out Came The Wolves
Greyscale
Milestones
Coast To Coast
Higher Power
Hawthorne Heights
Better Than Never
Highlives
Catch Fire
Home Wrecked
Woes
Black Map

Holding Absence

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/07/2017 at 1:20 PM, Mattymooz said:

I didn't mean that they wouldn't leave a last day weak, I mean that they wopuldnt leave any day that weak. It doesnt matter what day your Royal Blood lineup is for thats gonna be a really bad day.

I expect a new Arctics album out next april time at this point. If we don't hear about any new stuff by Christmas I think we can rule them out (though Eminem disagrees that bands need to put out new music before a fest)

 

On 27/07/2017 at 9:55 AM, Andre91 said:

I don't get the 30STM have dropped off argument. It comes up a lot in the R&L thread as well. They're still a big band and I'm confident they would still command a sub slot at a big festival like DL or R&L, so I don't think there's any way they would do Slam Dunk. 

I think 30 seconds to Mars could Co-Headline Reading next time there about with new material. They'll still be playing in arenas and filling thrm, I'm sure if it. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be a bold move to book Frank Turner to headline after the majority of the UK Pop Punk Group threw their toys out of the pram when he got announced as the UK Blink support. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I think it would be a bold move to book Frank Turner to headline after the majority of the UK Pop Punk Group threw their toys out of the pram when he got announced as the UK Blink support. 

That was such a fun day, but then again there's a new reason to argue every day in that group. Wouldn't change it though it keeps me going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as Brand New apparently aren't breaking up and are only doing two tour dates over here they're now my bet to headline (fingers crossed). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LRDJ said:

Seeing as Brand New apparently aren't breaking up and are only doing two tour dates over here they're now my bet to headline (fingers crossed). 

This was my first thought on seeing the tour having no dates in the North or Midlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I think it'll be one of Brand New, Architects or ATL

They should have left Broco this year and have them headline 18

Surely with All Time Lows arena tour that puts them out? And the Architects ally pally show would have ruled them out no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foolee said:

Surely with All Time Lows arena tour that puts them out? And the Architects ally pally show would have ruled them out no?

Brand New it is then

Pierce the Veil wouldn't surprise me also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Are Pierce the Veil even that big?

They can sell out Brixton, and I'd say are bigger/ same size as most headliners here pre 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pierce The Veil supporting All time low on their arena tour in March and none of the dates sold out yet so unless they sell really well I can't really see either of them being booked on that basis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foolee said:

Pierce The Veil supporting All time low on their arena tour in March and none of the dates sold out yet so unless they sell really well I can't really see either of them being booked on that basis

Bloody hell I need to catch up:lol:

Yeah wouldn't be them then, can't see much past Brand New but I stand by 30STM being the right size

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the only headliners I can currently come up with, but of course there are dozens of other potential headliners (please offer some other suggestions).

 

Jimmy Eat World (I'd personally put money on, but might just be people waiting for The Middle like at Leeds and Reading) - LIKELY

Sum 41 (last tour sold out as far as I'm aware at academies, I think it'd be a popular choice but slightly small) - EVENS

Brand New (incredibly well received latest album and miniscule tour, would be an incredible booking) - EVENS

Good Charlotte (December academy tour has sold very well, would be fairly small though and I think will do the stage BFS did) - UNLIKELY

Parkway Drive (fairly limited appeal but would be pretty strong) - UNLIKELY

Architects (only doing one UK show is a little odd imo, but probably just to sell out its large capacity) - UNLIKELY

Thirty Seconds To Mars (Surely too big and unlikely Jared's ego would allow it) - UNLIKELY

All Time Low (Poor latest album and arena tour beforehand, will most likely headline in 2019 imo) - VERY UNLIKELY

Bullet For My Valentine (No) - VERY UNLIKELY

Weezer (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) - NOT HAPPENING EVER

 

Personally would have loved a Good Charlotte/Sum 41 co-headliner but that was the Download second stage last year. I think it'll be Jimmy Eat World or Brand New with someone horrific like Sleeping With Sirens/Pierce The Veil/Falling In Reverse/Asking Alexandria below them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, foolee said:

Pierce The Veil supporting All time low on their arena tour in March and none of the dates sold out yet so unless they sell really well I can't really see either of them being booked on that basis

Tbf, All Time Low are absolutely nowhere near big enough to fill arenas, so I wouldn't use that as a basis to judge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

These are the only headliners I can currently come up with, but of course there are dozens of other potential headliners (please offer some other suggestions).

 

Jimmy Eat World (I'd personally put money on, but might just be people waiting for The Middle like at Leeds and Reading) - LIKELY

Sum 41 (last tour sold out as far as I'm aware at academies, I think it'd be a popular choice but slightly small) - EVENS

Brand New (incredibly well received latest album and miniscule tour, would be an incredible booking) - EVENS

Good Charlotte (December academy tour has sold very well, would be fairly small though and I think will do the stage BFS did) - UNLIKELY

Parkway Drive (fairly limited appeal but would be pretty strong) - UNLIKELY

Architects (only doing one UK show is a little odd imo, but probably just to sell out its large capacity) - UNLIKELY

Thirty Seconds To Mars (Surely too big and unlikely Jared's ego would allow it) - UNLIKELY

All Time Low (Poor latest album and arena tour beforehand, will most likely headline in 2019 imo) - VERY UNLIKELY

Bullet For My Valentine (No) - VERY UNLIKELY

Weezer (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) - NOT HAPPENING EVER

 

Personally would have loved a Good Charlotte/Sum 41 co-headliner but that was the Download second stage last year. I think it'll be Jimmy Eat World or Brand New with someone horrific like Sleeping With Sirens/Pierce The Veil/Falling In Reverse/Asking Alexandria below them.

Brand new would be amazing, I'm hoping it's them but I don't think they are mainstream enough to headline it. But I'd imagine they'll shift a decent amount of tickets. Got to agree with thirty seconds to mars. Sum 41 would be a good shout for a good sub but not sure if they're doing anything next year as the album came out last year did it not? JEW could do it, unsure if they are big enough though. Saw them at a couple of festivals last year too and thought they were quite boring so I hope not. 

 

6 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Tbf, All Time Low are absolutely nowhere near big enough to fill arenas, so I wouldn't use that as a basis to judge.

Exactly, they aren't going to announce headlining slam dunk when they've got arena shows to sell are they? And I don't think they will sell out so that'd mean not announcing the headliner until the end of March which isn't going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it matters having a niche headliner like Parkway or Architects or Beand New if you have someone uber-mainstream headlining second like say Pvris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.