Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

17 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Any ideas on who will Be main stage? Hoping there isn’t too many clashes that will mess up who I wanna see. 

I'd imagine, from the current bands announced, it'd be something like:

Good Charlotte

Jimmy Eat World

Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes (or Taking Back Sunday)

Twin Atlantic

Creeper

??

??

The Dangerous Summer

Woes

Of course I'm probably completely wrong, Thursday and Sleeping With Sirens might end up on there and I wouldn't bet on anybody but Creeper and the headliners to be playing it.

10 hours ago, Dogs Blood said:

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere I can’t see it, but is everyone assuming clashfinder are correct putting Good Charlotte and Taking Back Sunday on at the same time? I think this is crazy, given how similar the era is that the bands come from if true.

Im sure when the press release for announced it said something like its the first time in the UK Taking Back Sunday and Jimmy Eat World share a stage, So assuming top 3 is Good Charlotte/Jimmy Eat World then Taking Sunday. 

Really hoping Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes aren't a stage headliner, I want to see them again as they are one of the best live bands going, but at the same time if they clash with either Jimmy Eat World or Good Charlotte on the main stage, it's going to be a tough chase. Never seen either live and I am quite interested, more so in Good Charlotte. 

4 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Really hoping Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes aren't a stage headliner, I want to see them again as they are one of the best live bands going, but at the same time if they clash with either Jimmy Eat World or Good Charlotte on the main stage, it's going to be a tough chase. Never seen either live and I am quite interested, more so in Good Charlotte. 

If I was to guess (and also based on what we have so far):

Jimmy Eat World/Good Charlotte = Jager/Main Stage (1 hour 10 minutes each)
Frank Carter or PVRIS = Punk Stage
Sleeping with Sirens = Impericon 
Reel Big Fish = Fireball
Palaye Royal = Breakout Stage

I mean thats 5 stages... there's normally around 7. Also there aren't as many sponsors this year so I have no idea what to call the stages that aren't what I've listed already.

30 minutes ago, Arun1910 said:

Reel Big Fish = Fireball

I mean thats 5 stages... there's normally around 7. Also there aren't as many sponsors this year so I have no idea what to call the stages that aren't what I've listed already.

Jimmy Eat World/Good Charlotte/Taking Back Sunday/Twin Atlantic/Moose Blood = Main Stage
Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes/Creeper/Thursday = Second Stage
Pvris/Sleeping With Sirens/As It Is/Roam = Third Stage
State Champs/Four year Strong/Set Your Goals/Real Friends/Knuckle Puck = Pop-Punk Stage
Every Time I Die = Impericon 
Reel Big Fish = Fireball

Perhaps something along these lines. Reckon there's another 6-10 bands to come.

4 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Reel Big Fish = Fireball

3 hours ago, huntyyy said:

Jimmy Eat World/Good Charlotte/Taking Back Sunday/Twin Atlantic/Moose Blood = Main Stage
Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes/Creeper/Thursday = Second Stage
Pvris/Sleeping With Sirens/As It Is/Roam = Third Stage
State Champs/Four year Strong/Set Your Goals/Real Friends/Knuckle Puck = Pop-Punk Stage
Every Time I Die = Impericon 
Reel Big Fish = Fireball

Perhaps something along these lines. Reckon there's another 6-10 bands to come.

Frank defo on the punk stage, Pvris are not punk.

State Champs, FYS and SYG is a great top 3.

Personally I don't see TBS as 3rd under the co-headliners but there is going to be too many clashes, reminds me of telling myself there I an unmissable at Glasto then there becomes two of them.

14 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Frank defo on the punk stage, Pvris are not punk.

State Champs, FYS and SYG is a great top 3.

Personally I don't see TBS as 3rd under the co-headliners but there is going to be too many clashes, reminds me of telling myself there I an unmissable at Glasto then there becomes two of them.

I know PVRIS aren't punk, but where else would you put them? Lets not forget who they were placed with in 2015. We know they won't headline main stage, maybe they will be there again just higher up. Although they could headline a stage these days easily imo... just don't know which, they're hard to place.

Slam_Dunk_Festival-2015-crop.png

Edited by Arun1910

1 hour ago, Arun1910 said:

I know PVRIS aren't punk, but where else would you put them? Lets not forget who they were placed with in 2015. We know they won't headline main stage, maybe they will be there again just higher up. Although they could headline a stage these days easily imo... just don't know which, they're hard to place.

Slam_Dunk_Festival-2015-crop.png

I would have said they'll be below JEW and GC with TBS below. Its also that two acts I want to see are probably going to clash and a 3rd would be annoying. 

3rd down means they probably clash anyway with someone. It's a strong line up for me but 7 bands probably ends up being about 4 with clashes. I'm sure SYG played virtually before FYS in 2016....I can't see another place for then mind.

50 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I would have said they'll be below JEW and GC with TBS below. Its also that two acts I want to see are probably going to clash and a 3rd would be annoying. 

3rd down means they probably clash anyway with someone. It's a strong line up for me but 7 bands probably ends up being about 4 with clashes. I'm sure SYG played virtually before FYS in 2016....I can't see another place for then mind.

JEW, Good Charlotte and PVRIS is a great threesome. I just hope I can get to the main stage(assuming ofc) to see them all after Zebrahead. Although... I always enjoying seeing RBF live when I get the chance too, the crowd/band energy is always amazing. Gonna be fun either way!

5 minutes ago, Arun1910 said:

JEW, Good Charlotte and PVRIS is a great threesome. I just hope I can get to the main stage(assuming ofc) to see them all after Zebrahead. Although... I always enjoying seeing RBF live when I get the chance too, the crowd/band energy is always amazing. Gonna be fun either way!

Ideally I want to see JEW, Pvris, As It Is, FYS, Twin Atlantic and State Champs. I am aware that's not happening but tbh it I was going to knock any of then on the head it probably would be Pvris even though I haven't seen them. I expect State Champs to be a no go.

I'm thinking it'll look something like this and we'll get a stage announcement every Friday until they're all announced - apart from maybe next Friday as it's Easter weekend. 

Main - Good Charlotte(headlining south/subbing north/midlands)/Jimmy Eat World(headlining north/midlands & subbing south)/Taking Back Sunday/Moose Blood/Twin Atlantic/The Audition
2nd - PVRIS/Sleeping With Sirens/As It Is/Real Friends/Knuckle Puck/Can't Swim
3rd - Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes/Creeper/Thursday/The Dangerous Summer/Broadside
4th - State Champs/Four Year Strong/Set Your Goals/Trash Boat/Roam/Woes
5th - RBF etc.
6th - Impericon
7th - Rocksound Stage

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Not a bad set. FYS doing a full album is an interesting one, if that's what that means. How would that effect their placing?

They'll probably be playing lower down than expected. Might mean they're on main stage as they'd be lower down on there than on a pop punk stage.

Didn't everyone hate that FYS album? Like, it was really bad even for an acoustic/b side album it. If they really wanted to release a b side album at least put Go Long Dad on it. 

That being said. I may go as in the hope it's a bit more stripped down and bit more energetic and when I'm drunk I probably won't care :lol:

Edited by justanothername